I will hug my kids a bit tighter tomorrow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

A dozen or so years ago, in an effort to keep her dad active and engaged, my wife took a penturning class at the local Woodcraft. In a roundabout way, this led to our making and selling pens. She enjoyed woodturning enough that she went on to take bowl turning and peppermills classes at the same store.

Her teacher was a man named Jackie. He was a great guy who, along with his wonderful wife, Sally, sold his peppermills and other turnings at many of the same shows we set up at. We came to count them as friends and looked forward to catching up at these common shows. Eventually, they moved home to Louisiana and we mostly lost touch. Life and laziness got in my way, I suppose.

A few minutes ago, my wife let me know that their daughter, Jillian, was one of the victims of the Lafayette shooting. My heart bleeds for Jackie and Sally. I cannot imagine what they and Jiilian's husband are going through. Tomorrow, I will give my kids extra hugs.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Steven, So Sorry to hear of that families great loss. They will be in our prayers along with the other family that lost a loved one in that senseless act of cowardly behavior. Why do disturbed people always figure innocent people must suffer for their perceived problems?

Wayne

Top Bottom