I was asked for wands and WoodTurningz helped

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

Several times I've been asked to make a magic wands. Here are my first two. I'll make the end part myself in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_3895.jpeg
    IMG_3895.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3894.jpeg
    IMG_3894.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3896.jpeg
    IMG_3896.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 148
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

I was thinking about trying out a couple of kits myself. I was thinking i would just order the top part so when I sold them the price could be lower. You'll have to let me know how much you get for them and how quickly they sell if you decide to add them to your show. I really like the cabochon you used. Great job!

sorcerertd

Great work
Thanks, not quite as fancy as your engraved one there. How did you do that part?

I was thinking about trying out a couple of kits myself. I was thinking i would just order the top part so when I sold them the price could be lower. You'll have to let me know how much you get for them and how quickly they sell if you decide to add them to your show. I really like the cabochon you used. Great job!
Wait, that was a wand kit? I didn't know they made those.

I turned my first one just for fun and used it as a pointer at work to show people around programs on their computer screens when they needed help. Other leads at work wanted some, too. One of them has a wife that works in theater and they wanted a bunch for their students, which is where most of those and quite a few more went. I never thought they'd be so popular. They don't really sell on Etsy, though.

mmayo

Thanks, not quite as fancy as your engraved one there. How did you do that part?

Wait, that was a wand kit? I didn't know they made those.

I turned my first one just for fun and used it as a pointer at work to show people around programs on their computer screens when they needed help. Other leads at work wanted some, too. One of them has a wife that works in theater and they wanted a bunch for their students, which is where most of those and quite a few more went. I never thought they'd be so popular. They don't really sell on Etsy, though.
Yes a kit.

I'll probably start with $50 and if they sell quickly I'll move to $65.

RunnerVince

Wow! Where did you learn to do that twist? You've got skills. 😃
I learned off of YouTube. As with so many things, preparation (in the form of layout lines) is the biggest factor for success. Once I have my layout lines, I use a small hacksaw to get the flutes started and then files or kutzall bits to deepen them.
For the pictured wand, I chickened out and drilled a hole from the base of the wand, but that's not necessary. If you slowly deepen the flutes, you'll get the hollow eventually.

Top Bottom