I survived the Widowmaker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robersonjr

Just a normal Tuesday afternoon, had been working in the yard for a couple hours and decided to take it easy. after lunch, got on the computer for a while, my arms started hurting a little which I attributed to digging earlier. Decided to relax in the recliner, watch the ole TV for a while. Started to feel a bit of pressure, looked for some antacid which we did not have. Asked the wife if she would mind going to the store to pick some up, of course she did. A while after she left, the chest pain got most unbearable and the left arm started to ache really bad, I then realized this was not gas pains. I knew calling 911 was the right thing to do but I also knew that by the time anyone could get here and then get me to the hospital would take more time than driving myself. I was in no condition to drive but walking made me feel better. I knew if I started walking toward town, I would meet up with my wife and that is exactly what happened which really surprised and alarmed her. when she stopped and asked what I was doing, my only answer was Get Me To The Emergency Room.
Well after running a few red lights, passing a bunch of cars, we made it. All I can say the Nurses and Doctors did an awesome job, within seconds I was strapped down, knocked out and drilled on. A stint was installed in an artery that was 100% blocked and the balloon trick was used in another artery that was 90% blocked. I came to in the recovery room and asked if I could go home, a request which was denied. I felt great, no more pain but they made me stay in the hospital for a couple days. The company was great, awesome nurses to pick on. I did get to understand what a pin cushion felt like and I think I ran out of blood they took so much out.

Needless to say I sure scared the bajesus out of my wife especially after the Doctor told her that very few people survive this type of heart attack. But heck I'm still around and still able to turn a few more pins, just not my time yet. Thank You to all the wonderful Nurses and Doctors who do what you do.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

I'm glad you survived this. Also appreciate you sharing it with us. Makes you reconsider the important things in life. Take care of yourself.

Seven

sbwertz

Whew. You are one lucky guy! My husband has had triple bypass surgery, and I worry that he will have another heart attack when I'm not home.

robersonjr

Thanks All. I do understand your concern Sharon, I sure hope that never happens, I am a lucky guy and thanks to my wife and her fantastic driving things turned out for the best.

OZturner

Jimmie, with Luck like you had, I would go and Buy one of those Multi Million Dollar Lottery Tickets, that you have in the States.
With your Luck you might just happen to snag it.
So glad you made it, obviously the Big Fellow up there has other plans for you.
Keep well.
Brian.

Top Bottom