I returned from the River of No Return

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

My wife and son and I just got back from 6 days on the River of No Return in Idaho. Water flows were about 25% above normal, water temps about 50 degrees, spectacular scenery and the rapids were GREAT. The weather was perfect, clear and sunny every day. For those who don't know, this is one of the premier whitewater trips in the US. I would do this again in a heartbeat. This is my son and I in the "duckies" as the inflatable kayaks are known. They wouldn't let us run the class IV rapids in them and my wife threatened to leave me if I did. It would have been a tough choice.

2006626194531_Pict0181.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

Looks like fun, but the only time I touch water that cold is in a glass with ice. Guess it's just the Floridian in me, but it does look like you had a great time! BTW- my pool is now in the mid 80's [:)]

gerryr

Actually, after the first day, the water didn't seem that cold. We wore full length wet suits and lin the "duckies" we also wore Gore-Tex jackets. The further down river we got, the warmer the water seemed. Some people even willingly leaped into some of the big eddies with just a swim suit on.[:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom