I need to find a new route to church..... Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

Every time I pass this tree I can't help but to pray a storm will come by and knock this baby down. This is a huge piece of burl

Attachments

• 2011-12-21_12-06-52_177.jpg
    2011-12-21_12-06-52_177.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

srf1114

lol when ever we have a decent wind storm around here, I travel to a local park for the same reason. one of these days....

animefan

There is a huge burl a few miles away from my house but same story no luck acquiring it.

Went to a friends house a couple of weeks ago and he has a tree loaded with them - he told me he thought about cutting it down and I told him to call me and I would gladly help.... no call yet

Rick P

You guys are all on the right track.....though praying for a disaster seems a bit off. All the burl I have collected is from trees that fell during storms, were cleared for construction or the land owner thought they were damned ugly! Stick with it, you'll find the burl your looking for. But be warned burl hunting is like crack getting that first great score only feeds your jones for more!!!!!

AultMan

Try this. Google veneer cutters in your area. I'll bet you can find someone who supplies veneer. Call a few of them up and ask where they cut their burl. Keep working the phone until you find the source. At the source, there will be a giant pile of rejects that the veneer cutters do not like. I'll bet you can get it for bottom dollar, if not free. Just be really nice on the phone and keep calling until you find someone.

Oldwagon

I have a small logging company that looks for them.Gives me a call when he finds any.Sometimes when they find them the land owners say no to cutting.

Top Bottom