I need this tree........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

Rainbow Eucalyptus - This multicolored tree sports such a variety of hues because its bark breaks away at different times, thus allowing the tree to age (color) differently.

.... only a million or two blanks lie therein. Too bad beauty is only skin deep!

Attachments

• 13f9fd006d404900a17504ce4fc55065.jpg
    13f9fd006d404900a17504ce4fc55065.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
WOW! I looked up the properties of the Rainbow Eucalyptus tree and found the actual wood is not colored like the outer layer. Darn! That is one sweet picture though.

plantman

Jan; I have seen these trees in the gardens in Hawaii. It was hard to believe that there were that many vivid colors on one tree. But, alas, beauty was only skin deep !!! Jim S

BJohn

How thick is the bark?

Have you ever seen some Mexican Plum? Saw a hollow form turned from a piece of it. Had some amazing colors to it. Not sure if it was natural or it picked the colors up from the soil that it was growing in.

A friend of ours has a wild cherry tree that he has been preserving, by sinking it in a pond. When he removes a piece form time to time it has absorbed minerals from the water and the pinkish color is amazing.

Kenny Durrant

I have use Birch Bark. I wraped it around the brass tube then cast it. I painted the tube black then rolled and cast. The black showed through the small holes in the bark and really looked cool. My northern friends loved them. I'm sure the trees a protected but if the tree has a thin bark it might work.

Top Bottom