I need some help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

There is a wedge that you tap into this slot to disengage whatever is inserted into it. I, for the life of me cannot remember what that wedge is called. Does anyone know the correct term?
00488B5B-491F-4D8E-AC92-46967BBE6083.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Try morse taper shank removal tool.
Well that isn't right …BUT, it led me in the right direction. It's called a drift key. Remembered as soon as I seen. It. Thank you for pointing me in that direction.

magpens

Yep ! ... Drift key ... ya shoulda askd me in the first place ! . . 😁 😁 😁 😁

BTW ... I like your new Avatar pic ... much more attractive than the first two !!! 😁 😁 😁 😁

What's your dog's name ? .... and what breed ?

KenB259

Yep ! ... Drift key ... ya shoulda askd me in the first place ! . . 😁 😁 😁 😁

BTW ... I like your new Avatar pic ... much more attractive than the first two !!! 😁 😁 😁 😁

What's your dog's name ? .... and what breed ?
I agree 😁 Her name is Zoey and she's a beagle lab mix, better known as a beagador.

leehljp

Member Liaison
There is a wedge that you tap into this slot to disengage whatever is inserted into it. I, for the life of me cannot remember what that wedge is called. Does anyone know the correct term?
Ken, many, many times, specialized but rarely used words in pen turning (and other areas) come up blank for me - I have the same problem all the time. I keep a thesaurus icon on my computer in the upper left side ready for use, but it does not always help.

Top Bottom