I need a good scripture for pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcfalls

I am in need of a good piece of scripture concerning "turning." I know that there are a lot of verses that have to do with turning, but I was wondering if anyone had a good one.

I am making myself a Bible pen and was going to have the scripture engraved into it, but can't find a good one...thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nilsatcraft

Here's a whole slew of them, most of which are in the Old or New Testament. Maybe one will work for you:
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/tg/t/171

Paul in OKC

Proverbs 13:14 (New King James Version)

The law of the wise is a fountain of life,
To turn one away from the snares of death.

Go to BibleGatway.com , type in a word or verse and pick which version you want to see it in.

cozee

Originally posted by Paul in OKC
<br />Proverbs 13:14 (New King James Version)

The law of the wise is a fountain of life,
To turn one away from the snares of death.

Go to BibleGatway.com , type in a word or verse and pick which version you want to see it in.

A very good scripture indeed!! The very one our church is founded upon and named after. Fountain of Life Family Fellowship.

Penmonkey

The first one I thought of was "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." It's in the first chapter of James, verse 17. My dad made me read James until I could recite the first chapter perfectly.

Snazzypens

This is a different turn

what about Mathew 4:4

But he answered and said, it is written, Man shall not live on bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

or
Roman's 15:15
Nevertheless,brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the Grace that is given of me of God

just another thought
Toni

Skye

How about the Southern Baptist's "Turn or burn"? (kidding, kidding)

I'd rather use something like: "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a <b>pen</b>, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Just seems strange to me to make a tongue-in-cheek use of the word "turn" and refrence a biblical verse as well. I see where you're going though.

jeffj13

A reference to turning is clever, but I would tend to agree with Skye. I would use my life verse or another verse that had particular meaning to me.

If you really like the "turning" idea, how about Gen 24:49:

Now if you will show kindness and faithfulness to my master, tell me; and if not, tell me, so I may know which way to turn.

jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom