I make these

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greeneyedblackcat

I make These, been 2 years creating this one from scratch. I guess this falls into the "etc" category

Attachments

• bf.jpg
    bf.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 392
  • bd.jpg
    bd.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 403
  • acac.jpg
    acac.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 246
  • aac.jpg
    aac.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 352
  • aabx.jpg
    aabx.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

L1Truckie

Is that a CA or FP finish?? Seriously though....very well done!!! 55-60 mph is about as fast as I wanna go on the water.....and thats on a nice calm morning. I'll pass on a ride....but would love to hear it fired up.

Hillbilly

Cool! I'm an old boat builder myself. I built Stratos and Triton bass boats for 15 years combined. You ever heard of Earl Bentz he raced for years before he started Stratos Boats

A few more pics

Attachments

• aabx1.jpg
    aabx1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 156
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 178
  • ac pinchpkate.jpg
    ac pinchpkate.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 198
  • A steering wheel2.jpg
    A steering wheel2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 148
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Hillbilly

Earl Bentz ? Triton boats? Ashland Tennessee?
Never heard of him :)

JIm I'll tell you another one you may heard of. Roark Summerford he was our hull designer for years. I think Roark invented the STV hull. The last high performance bass boat I was in he was driving TR21 w/300 hp Merc.

I've never caught a fish at 90 mph.

JIm I'll tell you another one you may heard of. Roark Summerford he was our hull designer for years. I think Roark invented the STV hull. The last high performance bass boat I was in he was driving TR21 w/300 hp Merc.

I've never caught a fish at 90 mph.

Caught a goose one time at 90mph, wacked right into engine, needless to say he expired :(

M

Mudder

550 Lbs and 500HP?

Seeing how I get seasick in the bathtub I'll pass on the ride but I have to exclaim that you have proved to me that you are totally nutz!

BTW: It is a sweet looking ride!

Randy_

Those things scare the sawdust out of me. :eek::eek:

I've seen too many of them try to fly and do loops. Never seen one be successful!!:wink:

I bet your wife is conscientious about paying your life insurance premium!!:biggrin::biggrin:

aldwardo

Wow, that is beautiful. I bet it is a rush. Have you had this one on the water yet?

Daniel

Well that puts a whole new dimension to the idea of what an expensive hobby is.
I am in the group that prefers my boats equipped with oars but she is a very beautiful piece of work. The thrill of standing on the shore watching it go by would be about enough for me though.

GaryMadore

Nice hull!

Balsa frame?

I drove one of those (19' Cougar) with a Merc Bridgeport 265 hung on the back: Talk about a sensation of speed! Triple-digits while sitting just a few inches off the water is, in a word, thrilling.

Cheers!

Gary

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
What a beautiful boat! I had a friend that drove something like that. Never could get me to go with him though. But it is something to watch! Beautiful!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Sweet, that looks a lot like my old Youngblood Picklefork. I had a BBC with a ton of work done to it including a big ol' BDS blower on top. I miss that boat, it went like a bat out of hell.

GaryMGg

... 55-60 mph is about as fast as I wanna go on the water.....and thats on a nice calm morning. I'll pass on a ride....but would love to hear it fired up.

Long ago, I slalomed behind a friend's boat at 55 KPH ; IIRC it was called a tunnel-flight and had twin O's.
Thing would do about 110 on the inland waterway.

Speed on the water is very cool. :cool:

Paul in OKC

Well, there is one thing that can't be drilled with my vise. Maybe just a little more opening, and....Where does the ink go it that thing anyway?

Last edited:
Last time I was in a boat that would go fast (probably about 1/4 the speed of yours) was in 1975, a Cobalt with a 188 Mercruiser inboard. The guy who owned it was a neighbor that we went to the lake with about once a month in CA... He liked Pine Mountain Lake because he had a cabin there. It was a pork chop shaped lake of about 50-60 acres of top water. The boat seemed to have two speeds, dead in the water or 35 mph. They decided to teach me to water ski at 35 miles per hour on double skis, total green novice, non-swim.
It took a couple of lessons before I learned to stand up and not drag my behind in the water... you probably know what happens at 35 mph with the tail down?? :frown::biggrin:
I did a couple of Jesus moves too when they jerked me off the skis... I took 4 or 5 steps across the water before I went in head over keister... must have been hard water, always knocked the wind out of me.
I was the comic relief for the ski trip.:rotfl::rotfl:.. everyone else could do single ski slaloms.
By the time someone thought to bring a vid camera to capture my lessons, I had learned enough to stay up on the skis and spoiled their fun.:biggrin:

Top Bottom