I made the news today.Oh Boy!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bryguy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bats

Bryguy

Cute! And having spent a good few years on the street (if never in NH), I really appreciate the thought behind it, too.

(of course the real question should be "do any of the gnomes come with lathes?" Or does that get into a self-replicating "grey goo" type scenario?)
Hi! I am attaching information on Gnome reproduction. It is taken from the care manual which I send out with each Gnome. This text is copyrighted. I hope you find the information useful.

"Life cycle and gender

Gnomes live for about six hundred to seven hundred years. They become sexually mature at between one hundred fifty to two hundred years old. During this time of hormonal change they can become moody and sometimes mischievous. Their egos may become fragile. Extra love and flattery can be helpful.

Gnomes are genderless. So while we use the pronouns he, she or they, to describe our gnomes, they don't have a preference. They don't have sex, but give birth by parthenogenesis (virgin birth). Analysis of gnome DNA has shown that genetic variation does occur, but new genes are often generated by the gnome as a result of environmental influence. For instance, a bakery gnome who is moved to a library may eventually give birth to a library gnome.

The birth event is one that is seldom witnessed. A manuscript dating back to the 1500's, which was found in an isolated monastery in northern Lappland describes the event. However, there is no way to verify the report's veracity. I publish it here as the only available description.

" The gnome rolled onto its side. It then swelled to twice its size. There was a massive explosion and a second gnome was propelled across the room. There was no apparent difference between the two gnomes. Both mother (sic) gnome and baby gnome looked exactly the same. Both were bearded and wore similar hats." "

Top Bottom