I LOVE MY TBC BUSHINGS!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

65GTMustang

I want to let everyone know that I could not be happier with my decision to purchase my new set of center turning bushings.
John was Super Great with the order and Fast Shipping.
I highly reccomend the "Change"
Once I recoupe my bank funds :eek:
I will be back to purchase the finishing bushings.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
AMEN to that! John makes the best!

Now for a test: Place a mass produced bushing in a tube and then place one of John's on the other end and feel the difference in play. Then check all of your bushings the same size. There will be one or two that might fit "ok" but if you have 3 or 4 sets, some will be downright loose! No consistency what so ever. And some with the holes drilled off center too!

. . . we wonder why some pens blanks don't turn concentrically! :eek: John's puts an end to all of that!

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I remember the feeling I had when I finally made the switch. Still don't understand why I was so shy about it. You will have the same feeling with the Delrin bushings. Another switch I made was, to the Woodchuck PenPro. I was so thrilled with THAT tool, I almost went out and, celebrated.:biggrin:

Congratulations! You're into a different world now.:wink:

65GTMustang

All very good and very true comments - John was extremely nice to purchase from.

Chuck - I have the "WAY" over priced Easy Rougher and Easy Finisher, are you familiar with them at all? They are basically the same in concept, they different in tool length. I use these like you probably use the penpro.
Do you think there is an advantage to the penpro over the ones I have?
Besides the replacement blades costing a crazy $20 - which really makes my blood boil, there is no reason why they should cost so much.....

Lenny

There is nothing quite so satisfying as pulling one of John's bushings out of the end of a pen tube and hearing that "pop" sound that tells you how close the tolerances really are! :biggrin:

I just recently ordered some more of John's bushings myself .... they really do make a big difference!

Ken's wooden pen pro Is Great Too! .... and perhaps part of it's success is due to the fact that he doesn't charge an arm and a leg for the replacement inserts!

:good: :good: for both these guys!

arw01

Here here for John! I just ordered up a Baron set with an extra bushing each to make Smitty Jr Gent's. That is set number three. Eying the washer system now for the 7mm set I have already.

Not sure what will be the next set I buy, but there will be a whole set again in a month or two.

Rob73

I just picked up a set as well and I'm complete satisfied as well. I didn't throw my mandrel out but I'll be re-purposing it for a squaring jig for disk sander. The pen mandrel saver I purchased from PSI I've been using when I turn bookmarks instead of a dc.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
All very good and very true comments - John was extremely nice to purchase from.

Chuck - I have the "WAY" over priced Easy Rougher and Easy Finisher, are you familiar with them at all? They are basically the same in concept, they different in tool length. I use these like you probably use the penpro.
Do you think there is an advantage to the penpro over the ones I have?
Besides the replacement blades costing a crazy $20 - which really makes my blood boil, there is no reason why they should cost so much.....
Sorry, I have no experience with the Easy Rougher. Check the deminsions of the blades. May interchangable. Wish I were more help.

boatemp

Okay, I'm11 years late but I have a question about carbide tools. Since the cutter is what does most of the work, what is the difference in the shaft. I see round ones, square ones, long and short ones. I can see the individual's comfort zone is different for everybody but what is the difference in a 30.00 carbide tip holder and a 100.00 tip holder, not counting the tip which is interchangeable.

Top Bottom