I like throwing darts!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

I have an arcade style electronic dartboard in my shop/mancave. Lol We like to throw darts once in a while. I was buying some blister packs of sandpaper from PSI the other day and seen these dart kits. I thought, that would be fun. I did these in cocobolo. I didn't compensate for the ends when I added the lead into the barrel so they weighted out at 19grams. Lol I have another set of Tigerwood blanks ready to go for my second set. Think I'll weigh these out at 15 grams this time. Lol They didn't turn out too bad anyway. They come with the one 7mm tube and a hunk of wired lead to weight them, besides the other essentials. Pretty easy and can do 2 darts at one time.

Attachments

• Cocobolo darts.jpg
    Cocobolo darts.jpg
    563.9 KB · Views: 240
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

The problem is they are TOO NICE to toss. My buddy had an electronic dart board. I somehow managed to miss the board and stick some on the wall. I was quite good and consistent at errant tosses. We had a blast. Anyway.. beautiful darts. I love CocoB

Last edited:
Don't hold me to this, but when I was making darts, I read somewhere that competition darters liked between 18 and 22 grams on the darts... 19 should be just fine, but the 15 grams might be a little light...

Don't know from nothing about dart throwing... only time I ever did a dart tournament, was at a British Caledonian Airways sales party in Houston in 1987 and got coerced into playing in a tournament.... after a few beers surprised I could hit the board, but evidently the beers help.... wound up winning. Still have the little pewter mug.

bsshog40

Don't hold me to this, but when I was making darts, I read somewhere that competition darters liked between 18 and 22 grams on the darts... 19 should be just fine, but the 15 grams might be a little light...

Don't know from nothing about dart throwing... only time I ever did a dart tournament, was at a British Caledonian Airways sales party in Houston in 1987 and got coerced into playing in a tournament.... after a few beers surprised I could hit the board, but evidently the beers help.... wound up winning. Still have the little pewter mug.
Yes sir, I read that also. I like a lighter weight myself. That's why my next set will be 15-16 for me. Lol

A long time ago in a very distant country (I was in the Navy) we played darts at night to stay awake while on watch. None of our darts looked this good! Nice work. Brings back to some good, and not so good, memories. Thanks for sharing.

Yes sir, I read that also. I like a lighter weight myself. That's why my next set will be 15-16 for me. Lol
My last set of darts I made were made from deer antler... pretty cool looking and fortunately when I assembled them I forgot the lead wool weight.. they still came out at 20 grams each... luck is sometimes on the side of the ignorant??
17-1634_0.jpg

pshrynk

There's this thing called state dependent learning. If you learned how to play darts drunk, then you will probably play better with some level of blood alcohol for a while, at least. I have state dependent learning with euchre and alcohol...

Top Bottom