I Just Tested Positive For Covid-19: FALSE ALARM!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I was at the MPG. The test I took was an "at home", rapid test. I will be following up with my doctor on Tuesday. I'll let you know what he says. I just wanted to get the word out for those of you who interacted with me at the MPG. There may be others. After all, I caught it from someone.............

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I was at the MPG. The test I took was an "at home", rapid test. I will be following up with my doctor on Tuesday. I'll let you know what he says. I just wanted to get the word out for those of you who interacted with me at the MPG. There may be others. After all, I caught it from someone.............

Oh boy. Hope you get past that quickly. How are you feeling?

mbroberg

Thanks all. All in all I am not feeling too bad. I woke up with a sore throat this morning and it hasn't gone away. I'm somewhat tired and have some muscular / joint pain. I took the test as a precautionary measure. I'm not going to rely only on that test, I'll see my doctor tomorrow.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I hope all goes well with you Mike.

For you and others, I was next to Mike most of the conference - next vendor table over. My wife and I are flying today (at the airport now). We took a Rapid test (Rapid NAAT) via Walgreen's yesterday (Monday) at noon - both came back negative.

MedWoodWorx

Thanks all. All in all I am not feeling too bad. I woke up with a sore throat this morning and it hasn't gone away. I'm somewhat tired and have some muscular / joint pain. I took the test as a precautionary measure. I'm not going to rely only on that test, I'll see my doctor tomorrow.
best wishes, get well soon.

randyrls

Michael; I hope you get better soon. Make sure you tell your doctor of your positive test It may be a false positive. Thank you for alerting everyone.

PS. When I am traveling or exposed to people outside my circle, I too get a precautionary test.

PPS. In Canada they take covid VERY SERIOUSLY!!!!

Curly

I hope you have it mild Mike.
I know a couple guys in our turning club that have had it recently and were very sick, one is going to have his lungs checked for damage. Both were not hospitalized. If you have a blood O2 meter, either the clamp on finger type or an Apple Watch, check yourself a few times a day and if your O2 level gets down to 90% get to the hospital without delay. The little clamp on meters are about $30 to $40 at the drug store. Send someone to get you one if you don't have it.

mbroberg

I just heard back from my doctor. I need to go to one of our local hospitals to be tested. It could be 24 hours before results are returned.

howsitwork

Great news Michael .

Even so the Finger oxygen meters are a really good idea . Below 90% level = go to hospital. Friend of mine got it 4 weeks ago and it triggered a heart attack. He is recovering but slowly.

No matter what the media say about a new normal this thing is serious for some people others get away with it .

stay safe folks we need more people to enjoy this hobby not less !

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
FALSE ALARM.................

The home test was a false positive. The test results from the hospital just came back that I am negative for Covid-19. Those who interacted with me can rest easy!
Excellent news. Also - Compliments to you for letting us know of the possibility. Best regards!

Top Bottom