I have had it rough!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Rough turning bowls that is! :biggrin:

Recently, I roughed out some more of the bowl blanks that had been accumulating in the shop. A few of these have been done for a while and ready to finish turn now.
Most are cherry with some ambrosia maple and a spalted maple.
These range from 7" to 14" in diameter. I used Anchorseal on the outside and top of the rim as these are the primary crack zones and then placed them in paper bags while they dry.

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 335
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That is something I need to get up off my butt and get started... I cut a few bowl blanks last week and stacked them, but haven't started turning them yet...

Not all the blanks are from last week, some were done months ago and still not turned.

Attachments

• Shop Feb 2015_04.jpg
    Shop Feb 2015_04.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Shop Feb 2015_03.jpg
    Shop Feb 2015_03.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 187

Charlie_W

Chuck, you do have a bunch of blanks waging on you! Good Luck

Barry, no, I don't weigh them. I am slow about getting around to things so they will probably sit almost a year till I get them back on the lathe.

Thanks for the compliments!

Bob Wemm

That is something I need to get up off my butt and get started... I cut a few bowl blanks last week and stacked them, but haven't started turning them yet...

Not all the blanks are from last week, some were done months ago and still not turned.

Chuck, Those shelves look a bit like mine, cep't mine are on the floor as well.

Bob.:biggrin:

Bob Wemm

Chuck, you do have a bunch of blanks waging on you! Good Luck

Barry, no, I don't weigh them. I am slow about getting around to things so they will probably sit almost a year till I get them back on the lathe.

Thanks for the compliments!

Charlie,
You cannot rush these things, and there are always priorities. I rough turned a heap a couple of years ago, some of them were cored as well, and by the time I got around to finishing them I was pretty much "Over it". Don't think I will do that again.
In fact there are a couple that have been waiting for at least 3 years now.

Bob.:)

Chuck, Those shelves look a bit like mine, cep't mine are on the floor as well.

Bob.:biggrin:

I'm trying to get and keep things off the floor so I have room to walk... the week before I got all those cut, I had half a tree split and stacked in the middle of the shop while I waited for new blades for the band saw... about a foot wide path from the door to the work bench and another foot over to the lathe. usually there's a pile in front of the racks too.

gimpy

If you need to get some weight off those shelves, send some my way, I have room........:biggrin:

Charlie_W

Thanks so much for all the likes and comments! These have been a lot of fun. I am anxious to see the final pieces when I finish turn them.

Top Bottom