I have been playing with denim lately. I thought I would share with you all.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vernhorst

vernhorst

pens1.JPG
pens2.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Very interesting. Love the way it looks. Curious to see what more you can do with this.

Small observation, at the end of the blanks, things look like there was maybe some air, or perhaps fraying during cutting? Is that an issue? Seems like it might have occurred during cutting. Would making sure the denim was fully saturated with epoxy eliminate that issue?

vernhorst

Very interesting. Love the way it looks. Curious to see what more you can do with this.

Small observation, at the end of the blanks, things look like there was maybe some air, or perhaps fraying during cutting? Is that an issue? Seems like it might have occurred during cutting. Would making sure the denim was fully saturated with epoxy eliminate that issue?
Let me get back to you many months later. What you pointed out is mostly inexperience.

jrista

Let me get back to you many months later. What you pointed out is mostly inexperience.

Are you still making these? The texturing of the fabric came out really nice. I was wondering back when you posted this if it would be possible to do "segmented" denim pens, where you used different kinds of denim for different parts of the blank...

vernhorst

Are you still making these? The texturing of the fabric came out really nice. I was wondering back when you posted this if it would be possible to do "segmented" denim pens, where you used different kinds of denim for different parts of the blank...
I really need to pay attention to this site. I don't see why this isn't possible. I am still making these. My instagram is vernmakes. I post new pens there.

keithlong

Some years back, I done a blank swap with a fellow turner and he sent a couple of denim blanks and they made nice pens. Great job on your experiment. Nice pen

Top Bottom