I Have Been Busy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

That is one sweet table! Excellent choice of woods. Sapele is fun to work with. I just made a sapele (standard) wall shelf unit for a customer in the cabinet shop.

Here is my own creation, shares some similarities with yours. Curly maple and walnut. Note that this was my FIRST and completely UNTRAINED attempt (emphasis on "attempt") at furniture. The top is too thick, the knob is way too huge, and there are way too many laminations. Had I kept it more simple it would have looked better. Anyhow, a gift for mother last year. To this day it is a prized possesion for her.

tablepost.JPG

table2post.JPG

woodwish

Jim, very nice work. It is not a style that I normally like but that is really a good looking piece, and I love the top. Mom Nature gave you some good stuff to work with on that one! [;)]

Originally posted by jcollazo
<br />Good looking table, Jim! I'm working on a blanket chest here in L.A. but the heat is killing me. Wanna trade places?[;)]

Joe

Heat?!!&gt;! I'm in Phoenix righ now for a week Joe, yeah, I understand what heat is...post your work, I'd love to see it!

Originally posted by redfishsc
<br />That is one sweet table! Excellent choice of woods. Sapele is fun to work with. I just made a sapele (standard) wall shelf unit for a customer in the cabinet shop.

Here is my own creation, shares some similarities with yours. Curly maple and walnut. Note that this was my FIRST and completely UNTRAINED attempt (emphasis on "attempt") at furniture. The top is too thick, the knob is way too huge, and there are way too many laminations. Had I kept it more simple it would have looked better. Anyhow, a gift for mother last year. To this day it is a prized possesion for her.

tablepost.JPG

table2post.JPG

Hey Redfish, Great start, Lot's going on there buddy!![;)]

Thanks Every one, I am also making a Greene and Greene side board at the moment, so time is hard into the furniture...As soon as I get my group buy I will have to hide those pen kits till October!!!

redfishsc

Lol, Jim, thanks for holding back. I have been called a few rather immature names for that table.

It looks a LOT nicer in person than in the pic, but it's still freakin' wild looking.

When I re-inherit the thing, I have a feeling it will be a really wild looking CPAP machine stand next to my bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom