I had to do it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Last evening, Wifey had an out of state friend over for a visit and dinner. They went to high school and college together, and both are teachers. The friend is in her 35th year teaching and just a couple years ago, adopted a little boy who is now 3 1/2 and then a girl who is now 2 1/2 years.
I was already planning on turning a couple spin tops when Wifey asked me if I could do the same. These youngsters will need a little help at first getting the hang of spinning their tops but did enjoy just seeing them spinning.

Maple, Prismacolor markers and a couple coats of spray lacquer.

Attachments

• FCABAA26-2FD5-44C1-8912-8E5D12575A25.jpg
    FCABAA26-2FD5-44C1-8912-8E5D12575A25.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 219
  • 623A8284-52FB-4EB9-99D7-AC7156B760BB.jpg
    623A8284-52FB-4EB9-99D7-AC7156B760BB.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Spin tops are not only for the young, we have several in bowl and many times the visiting adults have a ball trying to keep one spinning the longest.

Yup, right you are! Some of our club members have spin top battles. Most of these are string pulled tops in a "court". It can get quite addictive!

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great work Charlie.

Those tops look like you used a rose engine for the marks or you used a texturing tool. Your Avatar looks like it was made from a rose engine. Do you have one, or use one?

I may have asked you before, but I am getting senile in my old age.

Last edited:

Charlie_W

Great work Charlie.

Those tops look like you used a rose engine for the marks or you used a texturing tool. Your Avatar looks like it was made from a rose engine. Do you have one, or use one?

I may have asked you before, but I am getting senile in my old age.

Thanks Hank!
No rose engine....Wagner texturing tool on the bottle stopper avatar. ( that bottle stopper went to Tyler Florence!) Sorby small texturing tool on the tops.

Those look great Charlie. I find myself spinning the one and only top I've made quite frequently, although it doesn't look nearly as nice as those two.

I've been considering getting a small Sorby texturing tool and seeing these pushed me over the edge. I'm going to get one from Rockler with my 15% off coupon.

Top Bottom