I Got Hammered

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I bought a few 9oz Claw Hammer kits for Christmas presents, and I had an old ball peen hammer that needed a new handle.

Nothing fancy or difficult here, but it's really nice to get back to turning after an extended absence from my shop for a variety of reasons.

Attachments

• 20A587E3-55EE-44B4-8DAD-9C2D258938BC.jpeg
    20A587E3-55EE-44B4-8DAD-9C2D258938BC.jpeg
    485.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
They are maple - from an old workbench. I got two maple top workbenches from a previous employer about 30 years ago. One is in my woodshop & one was in my tractor shed on the farm. Over time, the glue joints failed & it fell apart. I salvaged all the individual boards - about 1.5"x2"x6', so I have lots of nice maple on hand for tool handles.

MedWoodWorx

I bought a few 7oz Claw Hammer kits for Christmas presents, and I had an old ball peen hammer that needed a new handle.

Nothing fancy or difficult here, but it's really nice to get back to turning after an extended absence from my shop for a variety of reasons.
very nice work Edgar!! These hammer kits look great; you guys at the states have all the nice toys!!! :)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
very nice work Edgar!! These hammer kits look great; you guys at the states have all the nice toys!!! :)
Thanks, Mike. I haven't tried hammering with one yet, but that 9oz claw hammer from PSI seems pretty sturdy & has a 3" long 3/8" shank.

They also have a brass hammer with a 1/2" shank that I might try.

Last edited:
Top Bottom