I finally had fun this afternoon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

alamocdc

I got this one turned and finished this evening. One of three Perfect Fits oredered by return customer. The other two are PFs as well, but done in Peach root ball with blue resin in the voids to match one he already has. Haven't been able to get a CA or plexi finish to stick to parts of the alumilite resin (as you may have read about in my "Rant" post). But I ordered some WTF from Exotics today and hope that will at least let me get them finished.

Dang, I hijacked my own thread! :redface: I may have A.D.D., but at least I don't... hey look, a puppy!

Anyway, this is stabilized Buckeye burl and sports a 12 swipe plexi finish. And I do like the plexi finish! Easy (I had forgotten how easy) to apply and polishes well! Also added something few of us use any more (at least no one has mentioned it since I've been back)... two coats of Ren Wax to help stay finger prints.

As always, comments and critiques welcome.

Attachments

• 640PF_Buckeye-burl_CH.jpg
    640PF_Buckeye-burl_CH.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Thanks, all, for the kind remarks. Buckeye burl has always been one of my favorites (the colors when finished remind me of money) and they always sell fast. It just has that, "I want that" look.

Nice pen Billy. Is that an Euro kit?

No, it is a Perfect Fit. I like the PF better than the Euro, personally. And it uses a Schmidt twist mechanism. It is plastic and that throws some people off, but I've found it to be one of, if not the best twist mech available to us.

Top Bottom