I don't make them, just fix them

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Chuck Key

My wife has consolidated all of her Richmond retail location into one store in Wakefield, Virginia selling antiques and used furnature pieces. My job is, as I understand it, is to fix every piece of furniture that has ever been broken. Repair or replace broken spindles, rungs, legs, splits, cracks and other miscellaneous tasks as necessary so they can be put in the store and sold.

Today it was two nice Mahogany chairs with harp backs, for lack of a better name, and ball and claw feet. Real nice chairs marked as made in 1944. Hard to find that quality today in new stuff but they needed to be taken apart, redoweled and glued.

Must be doing a pretty good job because a couple of her business contacts are also sending work my way.

Here is one of today's chairs.

200852002628_scott1.jpg

200852002711_scott2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ahoiberg

cool! that looks like fun. keep it up. i'd like to see that one finished if you get a chance to snap a photo of it.

tipusnr

Good on you. My wife and I have been two years restoring a dinner table her grandmother owned. It has been dipped for stripping the finish and I'm trying to recreate a couple of decorative (but functional) stretchers for the leg set. The more I work on it the more respect I have for others who do it.

Top Bottom