I do turn pens HONEST.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Si90

Si90

I am going to have to get round to turning more pens as I have a new(ish) lathe I have to make earn it's keep. My Steampunk ones are just taking up my time at the minute.

Here is one i finished up a couple of weeks ago. Based on my pin planks but this time using stainless steel rod used in fishing for something or other and frankly this kit was an obvious choice. Detailed with carbon fibre, aluminium and my logo.

As always thanks for taking the time to look at my efforts, until next time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I am going to have to get round to turning more pens......

I see what you did there, that's punny!

On a unrelated note, is it a rule that if you live on the island of Great Britian you must a master pen maker? Between yourself, skiprat, and Brad G you guys almost have the awesome pen market cornered!

Last edited:

Si90

I don't even want to know how you did that.
It's very nice.

I'd like to know!

There is nothing that complicated just a bit time consuming. Carbon fibre sleeve was first glued about half way up the tube using CA. When dry, a section was turned off so the remaining piece was the correct size for my stainless steel logo. The aluminium is just a piece of tube which was the correct dimensions for the kit tube. I had to reduce the outer diameter slightly by sanding. The 0.8mm stainless steel rods then go on individually with CA hoping that the last one fits without a gap or fits in the remaining gap which it did perfectly. Last is the logo which is dropped in a slight recess I made in the Carbon fibre and then it's cast in PR and turned.

The fittings are gun metal as it was all I had. They looked good as the stainless looks darker than it is because of the shadows between the pieces.

Thanks for all your comments.

Top Bottom