I did a craft show on Saturday too

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I've seen many posts on here about people that sell at craft shows, so I decided to attend a craft show. I've seen a sign for a few weeks advertising one nearby and I made it a point to go. I was hoping to find some pen makers to see some pens in person. There was one pen maker and he was also selling many other items.
I stopped to admire his work and he struck up a conversation. I told him I was just getting started and haven't made a pen yet, but I have cast several blanks to try when I get set up. That seemed to interest him and we talked about it. I met him for lunch on Sunday, he wanted to see my blanks, and after having a nice lunch and more conversation, he ended up buying ten of my blanks.
He contacted me today and said he had turned a couple of my blanks and he really liked them. Then he said if I decide to do more casting and would like to sell some of them, to contact him.
He also invited me to his workshop this coming weekend.

It looks like this hobby increases a person's friendship pool. Some not local (here on IAP) and at least one locally.:)

butchf18a

This is craft fair season. Here in Portland I did a 6-day, over two weekend show. Frankly I wish I had more cribbage boards as many people were specifically looking for them. Sold all I had plus several custom orders. The relavent point here is my pens also did quite well. I offer a variety of styles and materials, burls were most popular. The key in any regard is asking validation questions. Once you establish who they are looking to purchase for and some style hints its fairly easy to show them something they will be interested in purchasing. I also make (non) cutting boards, boards most people choose not to cut upon, which bring them into my booth. About $2500 in sales, all goes to Wounded Warrior Project. $400 cutting board, $120 pen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom