I could use your help, please!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Some time ago, I changed channels on YouTube. We had an "SEO Expert" who told me this was a good idea.

What he did not mention was that the 2000+ followers I had on my "Ed Brown" channel would NOT be transferred and, in fact there is no good way to transfer them, without deleting the new account. So, I am left with the ExoticBlanks short vids channel and a couple hundred followers.

I can't use many of the features of YouTube, because I don't have over 1000 followers.
This is where

I HOPE YOU WILL HELP!!

This is a link to my newest vid--
Cigar Pen Improvement

Please visit that page and subscribe to "ExoticBlanks Short Vids"
Watch the vid if you like---it is a new format for me, based on a PowerPoint presentation.
I would really appreciate your feedback, it will help me decide whether I want to use this approach often.

Thanks a lot for your help! Once I reach 1000 followers, we will start doing a series of vids that relate to each other, with links in the vids to establish kind of a library of video answers to common questions. Stay tuned.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE VID, HERE OR ON YOUTUBE

I AM very interested in your opinions!!

Thanks again,
Ed

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Done. Ed, do you sell a set of bushings for the Cigar pen that has the 0.49 dimension in place of the 0.53 for the lower tube center band? - Dave
Yes, that is what prompted this video, someone complained (loudly) that they were wrong.
If you like fat, we still sell PSI BIg Ben bushings. When we did shows, I turned thousands of cigar pens,
I took off that bushing (.53) and tapered the blank to match the flat. So, recently it occurred to me to
make the bushing smaller.

Thank you everyone for your support in YouTube. 😀😀

Last edited:

egnald

Yes, that is what prompted this video, someone complained (loudly) that they were wrong.
If you like fat, we still sell PSI BIg Ben bushings. When we did shows, I turned thousands of cigar pens,
I took off that bushing (.53) and tapered the blank to match the flat. So, recently it occurred to me to
make the bushing smaller.

Thank you everyone for your support!!!!
I have an order in the works for some kits and just so I don't screw up can you give me a link or a part number for the bushings so I am sure I get your modified ones? I only saw the PSI Big Ben and the 11A (Berea bushings?) on the ExoticBlanks site. Am I correct in assuming that the 11A bushings are the ones that are now modified according to your specs instead of the standard Berea busings? - Thanks again for your ingenuity and help. Cigar pens are my favorite style, but the Caballero is coming in a real close second! - Dave

papaturner

Some time ago, I changed channels on YouTube. We had an "SEO Expert" who told me this was a good idea.

What he did not mention was that the 2000+ followers I had on my "Ed Brown" channel would NOT be transferred and, in fact there is no good way to transfer them, without deleting the new account. So, I am left with the ExoticBlanks short vids channel and a couple hundred followers.

I can't use many of the features of YouTube, because I don't have over 1000 followers.
This is where

I HOPE YOU WILL HELP!!

This is a link to my newest vid--Cigar Pen Improvement

Please visit that page and subscribe to "ExoticBlanks Short Vids"
Watch the vid if you like---it is a new format for me, based on a PowerPoint presentation.
I would really appreciate your feedback, it will help me decide whether I want to use this approach often.

Thanks a lot for your help! Once I reach 1000 followers, we will start doing a series of vids that relate to each other, with links in the vids to establish kind of a library of video answers to common questions. Stay tuned.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE VID, HERE OR ON YOUTUBE

I AM very interested in your opinions!!

Thanks again,
Ed
done !

SteveG

Subscribed.

Now, for a small suggestion. In the vid, you appear to be looking at a screen slightly offset from the camera location. Result, no 'digital' eye contact. Using this new format will be improved if you would learn to look directly at the camera...that is your audience.😊

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Subscribed.

Now, for a small suggestion. In the vid, you appear to be looking at a screen slightly offset from the camera location. Result, no 'digital' eye contact. Using this new format will be improved if you would learn to look directly at the camera...that is your audience.😊
I could not agree more!! This was the third try and it is much better than 1 & 2---but I still have a lot of room for improvement. Thanks for watching and thanks for your suggestion!!

walshjp17

Already subscribed. I do look forward to your short vids as they almost always contain a tip or two that is new to me. Keep 'em coming.

As to the new 0.49 bushings, two questions: 1) will you be selling these as an individual bushing since we already have the other three and 2) will you have a TBC version of this new bushing?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Already subscribed. I do look forward to your short vids as they almost always contain a tip or two that is new to me. Keep 'em coming.

As to the new 0.49 bushings, two questions: 1) will you be selling these as an individual bushing since we already have the other three and 2) will you have a TBC version of this new bushing?
Thank you for your question!!

Bushings are purchased (by us) as sets, so no we will not offer the single bushing.
Yes, we offer a TBC for the Cigar currently, we will also offer the new configuration VERY SOON!

A very GOOD point!!
Ed

Loucurr

Thanks Ed. It definitely is a problem with the Cigar Pens and like you I have tapered the end to blend in more with the center band. Are you selling the new bushings now?

Subscribed!

jrista

Subscribed! Thanks, Ed!

Regarding the content of the video...I've run into this problem with several pen kits now. Some bushings are designed to the outer diameter of convex pen parts, while others are properly designed for the inner point of the convex curve. I have taken to using calipers to measure the diameter of the bushing and the pen parts, and if the bushing is the same diameter of any convex parts, I'll take the blank out from between the bushings once I reach the bushing diameter, and finish turning directly between centers and use calipers to try and get a more reasonable diameter.

It'll be nice to have bushings that are properly sized for the given kit, though, so that I don't have to worry about all this! :)

sorcerertd

Happy to help! That's been a complaint of mine about cigars for a while now.
Still trying to get the perfect shoulder for the top of the PSI Compson barrel, though.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank-you all who subscribed to the youtube channel--I picked up 50 subscibers, will keep trying until we reach 1000!

Ed

Last edited:

gimpy

I subscribed, was having issues, with google,
Would you please check to see if it made it
thank you

Top Bottom