I caught the mini birdhouse bug...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

thats been going round the IAP. Thanks to Mark James for sharing info on how to do these. Heres is one thats meant for the office gift exchange.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Really cool ornament ! It's a very contagious bug by the way!

Fortunately, it's nice to use all our tools/equip for other things sometimes.

Also nice - the learning curve for these is actually short - after 4-5 you'll develop a system that works for you, then it's nice to try different wood combinations.

HAVE FUN!

Cwalker935

I like the color combo - what woods did you use?

I am not sure. I have a box of cut off pieces from roughed out bowl blanks and other misc. scraps that I rummaged thru. I think that the body is some type of ornamental fruit, maybe plum, and the top maple. The bottom piece is definately walnut. I used green alcohol ink to dye the top.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks - I was wondering if the top was a natural or dyed color. When one can't tell for sure, you know that you nailed it! Great job.

RCMattingly

Baby Rattle

I know the prettier the birdhouse the harder it is to give away. Using much the same technique I made a baby rattle with 8 popcorn kernels inside. I only used wax on it in case he started chewing on it. Sorry, I did not use anything for scale but its about 5 inches long.

View in Gallery

Top Bottom