I am so PO'ed........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Monty

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
...at myself.:mad:😭
I just ruined 11 cheese slicing boards by cutting the wire slot from the wrong edge.🤬
Lost 5 custom, 4 olive wood and 2 acacia. If there is a bright side, I now have a good supply of olive wood pen blanks.:rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Ouch. Sorry to hear. Not much to say other than I've made the same mistake in the past. I'm now afraid of when I might do it again. Hopefully your mistakes are all behind you.

jttheclockman

Now Monty yes this one is on you. But have to ask when doing multiples I always always always check the first one of the set to make sure all things are correct. I do alot of duplicate scrollsaw work and put alot of time in a scrolled piece that I learned some 30 years ago to check. I use to make the drop down trivets/baskets and you need to make the beveled cut on the right side of the project or else it becomes firewood. Did it once and learned from there. Hopefully you have put this in the learning category. Sorry for your loss.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Now Monty yes this one is on you. But have to ask when doing multiples I always always always check the first one of the set to make sure all things are correct. I do alot of duplicate scrollsaw work and put alot of time in a scrolled piece that I learned some 30 years ago to check. I use to make the drop down trivets/baskets and you need to make the beveled cut on the right side of the project or else it becomes firewood. Did it once and learned from there. Hopefully you have put this in the learning category. Sorry for your loss.
Yeah, that's what happens when you get too confident with yourself after doing something for several years. Like the saying goes the hurrieder I go the behinder I get.

mmayo

I've done it on a few, though more than 200 came out right. I mark with a pencil where to drill the hole and where the groove goes every time on the front side. My drill press has a fence just for cheese slicers. My sled has sharpie arrows to tell me where to line it up the slicer and it says hole here - front down.

It helps when I read it!

Top Bottom