I am not a smart man.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I thought I was doing a good thing by removing the tip so it would ne get damaged. Little did I know the thin brass inside that has the threads for the tip got crushed. Is there any way to remove the part that is no longer good and attach one that is? Or would the tube be unable to hold a new end?

Attachments

• 0404212141.jpg
    0404212141.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

If you mean just the threaded part of the tip, no. You can take the whole engraved nib part out and replace it with a new one.
You'll need to be careful to pull or knock it straight out. If it pulls to one side, it will stretch and deform the tube (and most likely crack the barrel)

Dehn0045

Looks like a PSI bolt action? I think the instructions specifically say to keep the bullet tip on or it voids the warranty. Let just say I didn't read that note prior to having an issue or two, so you're not alone. I don't think you can find the necessary components sold separately. So the only way to get a new bushing is to buy a whole new kit. I would suggest disassembling and saving all the components, they might come in handy in the future.

Lucky2

Kyle, it's not that you are not smart, it's just a case of not reading the complete set of instructions... But, had you left it on, you probably would have had another issue. It's a lot like Murphy's law, no matter what you do, you should have done the opposite.

Len

Mart

You'll have to replace the whole section as suggested. I would suggest in going forward, get an extra tip to use when pressing it together then swap for the one in the kit. That is what I do.
That's a great idea. Going to start doing that.

Jolly Red

I have in the past been able to phone (not email) Penn State and talk to the service department. They do have some extra parts and will tell you how to order them. Be sure to phone them.
Tom

sorcerertd

You'll have to replace the whole section as suggested. I would suggest in going forward, get an extra tip to use when pressing it together then swap for the one in the kit. That is what I do.
Well now you will have an extra tip anyway. Eventually you will have a bin of spare parts, most of which you'll never use, but you keep them anyway. I'm not the only one, right?

I have in the past been able to phone (not email) Penn State and talk to the service department. They do have some extra parts and will tell you how to order them. Be sure to phone them.
Tom
Yes, I second this. Definitely call them. They don't usually respond well to email. I think their "technicians" leave at 4-4:30 EST, but they are always helpful.

GuyOwen

i have never seen that happen i am completely blown away. how did you even break the tip that bad? what was the thinking around removing the tip of the pen at all? and i have just never seen anything like this happen on any bolt action kit even with my acrylic beater pen i use for delivery and as a pocket pen.

i have never seen that happen i am completely blown away. how did you even break the tip that bad? what was the thinking around removing the tip of the pen at all? and i have just never seen anything like this happen on any bolt action kit even with my acrylic beater pen i use for delivery and as a pocket pen.
I suppose you didnt read the beginning here. But I'll reiterate that I thought maybe the tip would have an issue and get damaged. All I did was unscrew it and press it on and it crushed. I'm new to pen making I've made a total of 20 pens or so. So I feel like i can be afforded this and my neglect of reading the insert is part of that. I'll read them from now on but its something I was asking for advice on. Just trying to find out if there was a way to replace the threads. Thats really it here.

Top Bottom