I am Back

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

You know you are back into pen designing when you wake up in the middle of the night with a pen blank design in your head and you have to get up and jot down notes. :) The shop is finished cleaning, the game room is cleaned. Got a few games of billiards under the belt and now we are ready to hit the saws and the lathe. I have around 20 to 25 pen blank designs in my head and yesterday jotted down a few of them to get me started. Over the next 2 months I hope to put some of these ideas to use. So if I do and you start seeing many of my pens show up I hope I do not disappoint. I got the bug again. Great feeling. Creating. This is what I like to do. Also have a few pen stands and boxes that I want to try. Need to be done by April though because then it is back to the house and need to continue that venture. Feeling GOOD..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LouCee

I have around 20 to 25 pen blank designs in my head and yesterday jotted down a few of them to get me started. Over the next 2 months I hope to put some of these ideas to use. So if I do and you start seeing many of my pens show up I hope I do not disappoint.

JT, I don't think there is much of a chance anyone will be disappointed. Can't wait to see your new designs!

I'm coming to the end of my planned treatment and if the shaky hand side effects from it wears off, then I'll be back in my shop too.

Skip, I hope things are going well for you and you can get back in your shop soon. We need to see more of your amazing work!

bsshog40

I know what you mean John. I used to write a lot of songs in my music days. Would have some words pop into my head in the middle of the night. Would have to get up and write them down so I wouldn't forget them. Lol Can't wait to see your work as they come out.

jttheclockman

Hey Skip. Always good to hear from you. I too hope you join me and bringing us old timers back into action. Lets show these young whippersnappers what the old days use to be.:) Talk about thinking outside the box, your works are always top notch when it comes to that. I am more traditional but put my own spin on things. If I can pull off a few things I have in mind, I have some new material I want to try and use. Yes not sure what it was but woke up the other night and things stuck in my head and needed to jot notes down. Walking around in the shop yesterday, I was amazed how clean and organized everything was and makes me afraid to touch things. I know it will not look that way for very long. I will have 5 or 6 projects going at once again and things scattered all over. But it will feel like home again. Hopefully I can hang onto this feeling and have some fun. Happy Turning.

jttheclockman

Looking forward to seeing your creativity.
Yea so am I. :) Today I did a little improving on my router sled for my lathe and need to do a couple other things for it. Probably the second or third pen done will come off that jig as of right now. The first will be some casting and something I never done before. If it works it could open the doors for other designs.

jttheclockman

Back on track..... keep that same old feeling.
Yea will see if I have anything left in the tank. Like riding a bike. Glad you put that word OLD in there. My hands are starting to fail me though so and the way I was shooting pool my eyes are not what they use to be either.:) Oh heck who am I kidding the whole body is failing me. Can we make new parts with these new fangdangle machines that are producing these gisi blanks and such?? May have to get my order in. o_O

WriteON

My hands are starting to fail me though so and the way I was shooting pool my eyes are not what they use to be either.:)
[/QUOTE]
POOL: Hands.... take an extremely slow backswing and hold/pause..... fore swing and follow through.
Eyes....If I see 3 cue balls I hit the one in the middle. I have specialty eyewear for pool...gets bigger and thicker each year...looks like I'm wearing the Hubble.

Keep the same OLD feeling. That OLD school feeling. We grew up with a DJ that would say keep rocking cause you only rock once. You still got it.

Top Bottom