I’m Seeing Red!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

The Red Sphere! This is curly maple and is double dyed with Chestnut Stain Black and Red. It was sanded back after the black and then three coats of red were added....so, does that make it quadruple dyed? :biggrin:
Finished with Watco Gloss Lacquer and buffed. 3 3/4" dia.
It is hard to get a decent pic as it reflects everything. Second pic is with a shield filtering the lights but still shows reflections.....anyway, you get the idea.

Attachments

• F941A02F-C813-4750-93BC-0CD141904FF1.jpg
    F941A02F-C813-4750-93BC-0CD141904FF1.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 218
  • FE6E1CF6-CA89-43DD-ABA6-956145BD4BF2.jpg
    FE6E1CF6-CA89-43DD-ABA6-956145BD4BF2.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 190
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Beasley

Darn good finish! If you really want to get rid of the reflections research the use of crossed polarizers for photographic lighting. Should give the bright colors of the first shot without the bright reflections.

Charlie_W

Darn good finish! If you really want to get rid of the reflections research the use of crossed polarizers for photographic lighting. Should give the bright colors of the first shot without the bright reflections.

Thanks for the tip but that is out of my wheel house as I am shooting pics with my iPad.

Gary Beasley

Thanks for the tip but that is out of my wheel house as I am shooting pics with my iPad.

Works with any camera, ipad included. Just needs a sheet of polarizing material over the light source and one held over the camera lens rotated till the reflections fade out. Hard part is finding the polarizing material.

StanBrown

Works with any camera, ipad included. Just needs a sheet of polarizing material over the light source and one held over the camera lens rotated till the reflections fade out. Hard part is finding the polarizing material.

Any camera store sells polarizing filters. Cheap, easy to use. For an iPhone or iPad, you would turn the filter until the reflections disappear, then hold it between the lens and the subject.

Top Bottom