I’m bored soooo,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I'm giving you all a challenge. I'm pushing my new thin rip jig for my bandsaw to its limits. So here's my results , padauk, 7/8 thick, 6 inches long. Ripped to .010 thick, consistently. Are you bored too? Can you do better? Like it's said, without pictures, it never happened[emoji16]
IMG_1695.JPG
IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Ken, I'm sorry, but I can't take part in this challenge, my saw and all other tools are in storage. But I had a couple of questions, like what brand of saw and blades do you use? That is a nice thin cut you're getting from your saw, being able to cut stock that thin would give you lots of choices?

Len

jttheclockman

Count me out. I am definitely not bored and to set up to do that not in my park for now. Good luck. Do you have a metal blade and if so and really board try slicing a quarter in half. I did it on a scrollsaw.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'm not at home to really try to push the limits, but this was a recent pen where I did play. While you have me easily beat, mine was segmented. I was very pleased the glue joints held. This was on my Byrnes Table Saw.

IMG_1569.jpg

KenB259

Ken, I'm sorry, but I can't take part in this challenge, my saw and all other tools are in storage. But I had a couple of questions, like what brand of saw and blades do you use? That is a nice thin cut you're getting from your saw, being able to cut stock that thin would give you lots of choices?

Len

It's a Jet bandsaw with Timber Wolf blade. My favorite bandsaw blade. They are designed to run with lower tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

KenB259

bsshog40

Count me out. I am definitely not bored and to set up to do that not in my park for now. Good luck. Do you have a metal blade and if so and really board try slicing a quarter in half. I did it on a scrollsaw.
I put a metal blade on my 9" grizzley and it cuts brass, copper and aluminum nicely for my knife guards. Didn't do very well with stainless though.

jttheclockman

I put a metal blade on my 9" grizzley and it cuts brass, copper and aluminum nicely for my knife guards. Didn't do very well with stainless though.
No you are not cutting stainless with a HSS steel blade.

Heck Ken said he was bored so I gave him a challenge. Maybe he needs to get a job in the Deli dept and slice meats for subs being he likes to slice things thin. 😇 here is my quarter.
IMGP0799.JPG
Copy of IMGP0802.JPG

KenB259

MiteyF

I don't have any fancy jigs, but a simple DIY fence on a $100 benchtop band saw got me these, haven't tried for thinner, but I'm sure I could get there without much trouble.

T7SA24R.jpg

Top Bottom