I’m back! - Proof

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

Here are two high end bolts turned and finished today. I'm under orders not to lift anything heavier than a dinner plate. Lathe tools and blanks are light! I had an amboyna burl in gun medal so antique brass won. The thuya burl earned gun metal. CA of course.

So nice to be a bit more functional. Sore, but working again. Those sand paper pieces that fell on the floor will have to wait a while…

Attachments

• IMG_4463.jpeg
    IMG_4463.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4464.jpeg
    IMG_4464.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Good to hear you are back. I get everything I can out of doctor's orders not to lift anything and extend it a week or two. 🤣 I was given 12 weeks, or until near the end of April before living more than 10lbs. But honestly that is boring. I am chomping at the bits to do some yard work and build a green house to have some veggies (tomatoes) without the squirrels getting them.

mmayo

Good to hear you are back. I get everything I can out of doctor's orders not to lift anything and extend it a week or two. 🤣 I was given 12 weeks, or until near the end of April before living more than 10lbs. But honestly that is boring. I am chomping at the bits to do some yard work and build a green house to have some veggies (tomatoes) without the squirrels getting them.
Post surgery instructions state no lifting more than a dinner plate for two weeks. See surgeon after two weeks. If all ok, I can lift up to ten pounds for the next two weeks. After that I'm cleared to resume normal activities. I'll stick to it. I get bored with tv and even my wonderful reading after a couple of days.

My garden protected from squirrels and elk.

1708811766934.jpeg

Smokey S

Yes sir, Sx recovery can get very boring. I found that going for short walks often was very therapeutic And I actually enjoyed them. Keep up the good work and push on though the recovery. Get well. …..Smokey

Jans husband

Glad to hear of your good progress both Mark and Hank.
If you are allowed to laugh then read on.
I asked my Surgeon after my open heart surgery how long it would be before I could resume relationships with my wife.
He said it depended if if I was in a single room, or whether I was in a ward with others!!

mmayo

Glad to hear of your good progress both Mark and Hank.
If you are allowed to laugh then read on.
I asked my Surgeon after my open heart surgery how long it would be before I could resume relationships with my wife.
He said it depended if if I was in a single room, or whether I was in a ward with others!!
I too was blessed with cabg and I never asked my heart surgeon such a question. He would have been amused I'm sure.

I'm just glad to have my current health issue mostly in the rear view. I try to think not about my health falling down but rather how to get back to going forward. Best wishes to all.

Top Bottom