Husband and I both have covid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

He is on O2 24/7 but getting better. I just tested positive this morning...starting to cough, headache, sore throat. Fortunately we had an O2 concentrator at home so they let him stay home on the oxygen instead of putting him in the hospital. He is on an antiviral, I emailed my DR with the test result but haven't heard from her yet this morning. I assume she will put me on an antiviral too.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are able to get the antiviral - I caught COVID in Europe last month, got home, started coughing, took a test and it was positive. I got a Teladoc appt. and they prescribed Paxlovid - started taking it that same day, and I only had minor symptoms for the duration. Good luck!

Sharon, sorry to hear about yours and your husband's illness... wife and I have been extremely lucky... we're both vaccinated and I've had the booster... need to get Dianne into town and get her a booster as well.... we pretty much keep ourselves in quarantine since Covid has hit.
Dianne will be extremely susceptible as she has a number of health problems.

Both of you take it easy, get lots of rest and get well quickly.

PenPal

At our respective 86 yrs and 88yrs we are treading carefully. 100,000 at a footy match recently in Melbourne few if any masks,the penny is dropping now with some states going into precautionary measures. Trust you both recover well.

sbwertz

Sharon, sorry to hear about yours and your husband's illness... wife and I have been extremely lucky... we're both vaccinated and I've had the booster... need to get Dianne into town and get her a booster as well.... we pretty much keep ourselves in quarantine since Covid has hit.
Dianne will be extremely susceptible as she has a number of health problems.

Both of you take it easy, get lots of rest and get well quickly.
Actually we think it was when we went to get the bivalent booster that we were exposed to the Covid. I basically feel like I have a bad cold. My blood oxygen is still in the 97% range, and the Dr gave me the option of taking the antiviral, but I skipped it. My husband is still on O2 24/7 until his blood oxygen gets back above 95...it was 93 this morning without the oxygen supplement. It was down to 84 when they started him on the oxygen. If we hadn't had the O2 concentrator, I think they would have put him in the hospital. But he has central sleep apnea as a result of a near-fatal bout of West Nile in 2004, so he sleeps with a CPAP and O2.

howsitwork

Wishing you both a rapid recovery Sharon but don't push it when you initially feel better. Give your system time to get fully repaired.

Top Bottom