Hurricane Season

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TellicoTurning

Hurricane season is nearly over, but we might still need a light here or there.. especially in keeping with the wind has been blowing here in my part of the country... These two lamps use a 1/2 pint Mason jar as the oil reservoir (tank) and have adapter lids that also has an adapter for the burners to screw into. I turned these, then hollowed them out to take the little jars and epoxied the jars in place. The finish is Sanding sealer with polyurethane over them... one lamp is Bradford Pear and the other is spalted Sycamore. The bases are about 5 1/2 inches diameter and between 5 1/2 and 7 inches tall. Overall height of the lamps are 14 inches for the Sycamore and 15 for the Bradford pear.

Attachments

• 22-3182_0.jpg
    22-3182_0.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 22-3183_0.jpg
    22-3183_0.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 257
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Very nice, Chuck. I really like the shapes of those.

Where do you get your adapters? I think I'd like to try some of those - looks like fun.

Where do you get your adapters? I think I'd like to try some of those - looks like fun.

Thanks Ed,
I get the adapters from a fellow in Montana named Bill Moran... here's a link to his website.... parts for oil lamps... it's not well laid out and a little harder to navigate, but has good deals.

The adapters aren't on the site, you'll have to email him about them...
wsmoran@kvis.net

He's pretty good about getting back right away and shipping quickly...

I haven't bought from him in a while, but getting ready to pick up some more of the adapter lids with the burners....

He also has the lamp chimney's, but I'm pretty sure you can pick them up locally at goodwill, flea market, etc... I think his chimney's are a little pricey... but they are new and clean...

PapaTim

You made me curious so I did a search and found several more sources for adapters. Amazon, eBay and Lehman's are among many.

Chuck,
I think you just suggested my wife's Mothers Day gift for this year. Think I'll have to make her one of those. Thanks for the inspiration.

You made me curious so I did a search and found several more sources for adapters. Amazon, eBay and Lehman's are among many.

Chuck,
I think you just suggested my wife's Mothers Day gift for this year. Think I'll have to make her one of those. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hey Tim,
Look forward to seeing what you do with the lamps. I also look at Lehman's and a few other places for lamp parts, but I buy from Bill Moran in Montana because he says all of his profits go to charity... an idea I like.

Top Bottom