Hunters Paradise Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Welcome to the IAP 12th Anniversary Bash! This is the Antler, Bone, Horn, or Cartridge Casing Contest, from this point forward otherwise known as "Hunter's Paradise". This contest is geared toward creative use of animal byproducts and/or killing devices into beautiful implements of writing even non-hunters would love to own.

In all seriousness in addition to the Universal Contest Rules pens must follow the below specifications to be allowed entry into the competition. Entries that do not adhere to listed Rules and specifications will be disqualified.

1. The pen must contain by visual appearance at least 1/3rd antler, bone, horn, or cartridge (any caliber) and must also be recognizable as a pen (this is a penturners forum).

1A Addendum- You may use part(s) of an Arrow to make your pen. while still utilizing the 1/3 antler, horn or bone material.

2. Your blanks cannot involve the use of a CNC or laser'.

3. A short description of your pen showing what kind of work went into its creation must be included, with up to three pictures with each entry into the competition.

4. Only one pen entry per individual, so make them count.

5. The pen must not have been posted anywhere on IAP prior to the conclusion of the contest.

6. All pens must be submitted using the Entry Form provided.

7. All entries must be submitted by TBD

8. All entries must be in by Midnight Feb 22nd EST.

Judging for this contest will be done by a vote of the members of the IAP following rules posted in the Universal Contest Rules.

Entry Form

Prizes:
First- Gift certificate Berea Hardwoods $100.00 ../.. Pen kits #2 Lazerline $100.00
Second- Bottle stopper kit Ruth Niles $88.00 ../.. Package 8-Amalgam Mutt blanks Bear Tooth Woods $65.00
Third- Inlay kits #7 Lazerline $100.00

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
A suggestion was made

"Just a thought, since this is a "hunter's paradise" pen contest, could you open it up to include arrow material? This is a big part of hunting, in line with any cartridge material that is already allowed."

That is a wonderful Idea. I will allow it. I will add it to the official rules.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Get an edge on your competition with a shot of this on your photos :biggrin:

Estrus-Gallon.jpg

stonepecker

And so we all know wherethe pen came from...........Be sure to soak the wood you are using for the BOK MAKING CONTEST. You will be a nose ahead of the others.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
So, no snakes, but road kill from a Northern MidWestern State would qualify ??? Hmnnn.. Maybe I'll sidetrack from visiting Iowa tonight and head NW...

Brian G

Any reason for reducing the amount of material from 2/3 to 1/3? :confused:

Not a big deal, because I have it covered either way. :)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes, I meant to do that in the pre review period but forgot. I wanted to make sure that the single tube pens could be used in the contest. The Sierra and its many clones may not have qualified as 2/3rds of the pen. Likewise a pen with a rifle cartridge Bottom and bone top would not be acceptable Either. This allows more pens to qualify to enter.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will make a decision and post it in the original thread. I will keep it open until Feb 22nd at midnight.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have our first submission.
ITs ON! Bring those bad boys down and get yours in the contest!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Landon is definitely missed by those of us who knew him.

We have a couple weeks left to get a pen made and entered. Might be a good time to think about that winning Design. If you happen to screw it up you could always enter it in the Slim line Contest!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have another entry in the Hunter's Paradise Contest.. Now would be a great time to design a pen and enter it. Still plenty of room for more pens and entries.

D.Oliver

So this contest ends on the 22nd, but we are free to use the "Horny Mike" moniker for as long as we want right?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
THere is about 1 hour left to get an entry made. If you havent started one yet NOW would be a good time!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The contest is closed for entries. There is a hush over the meadow this morning and a light haze drifts over the ground. Soon the entries will be shown and voting will start but for now its time for quiet reflection and a cup of coffee for those that entered. Was it enough? Was it to much? Will I win glory and prizes and be admired by all who meet me?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
The contest is closed for entries. There is a hush over the meadow this morning and a light haze drifts over the ground. Soon the entries will be shown and voting will start but for now its time for quiet reflection and a cup of coffee for those that entered. Was it enough? Was it to much? Will I win glory and prizes and be admired by all who meet me?
You'll be admired alright. If you'd just put up some pictures WHILE you're drinking coffee. :biggrin:

stonepecker

It is Feb in Minnesota.....Everything is covered in white (usually) What is that 'green' stuff in the forground?
And where are the alleygators? I thought FL had Alleygators?

Hey Chuck.......7 days and counting.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It is Feb in Minnesota.....Everything is covered in white (usually) What is that 'green' stuff in the forground?

Yes, it's green in the foreground, but see the fog in the background? It gets really dense sometimes:wink:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will be over in the Contest Voting Forum puttin up a poll to cast your votes in. Enjoy your coffee and mull over your favorites and head that way in a few minutes to vote.

stonepecker

Yes, it's green in the foreground, but see the fog in the background? It gets really dense sometimes:wink:

Explain that to me Chuck?
The wife says the same thing about me....That I am really dense at times?
I have always taken that as a term of endearment. :tongue:

:musical-note: "On the road again. Just can't wait to get on the road again." :musical-note:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Explain that to me Chuck?
The wife says the same thing about me....That I am really dense at times?
I have always taken that as a term of endearment. :tongue:

:musical-note: "On the road again. Just can't wait to get on the road again." :musical-note:
Simple!! It's FLORIDA!!!

Top Bottom