HUNTER-27 (Landon Smith) update 8 Jun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

all;
I was finally able to get away for a few minutes to go see our friend Landon. He is having quite a time. A bleed in the brain caused the issues and after some surgeries he is finally out of ICU/CCU and in a visitor allowed room.
I met Landon's father who was here from NorthWestern Kansas.
Landon is unable to speak due to a "trach'. and he is truly wired up for sound and such. He is only allowed to sit in a chair for a limited time. We were able to take him for a ride in a wheel chair outside today. He did smile when I told him the IAP was praying for a quick recovery and that we miss him here.
Right now, the future is very unknown. He is going to therapy daily and His father said he has seen more improvement on this visit than any before.
As I can I will get down to visit him but taking care of my wife is keeping me busy. If any of you want to send him a note send it to me in a PM and I will print it out for him. His father asked that if possible for me to come visit him during the week, as he has to leave tomorrow morning for home and wouldn't be back till next weekend.
Please keep him and his family in your prayers and thoughts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Thank you Mark! We all appreciate the time you took to visit Landon. I'm sure he really appreciated it also!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Landon has been an active member for just a couple months shy of 6 years, and that's practically forever in internet time. When I say "active", I mean he has put out a tremendous amount of effort to run contests and swaps, and his dedication to doing what's best for members has always amazed me. The IAP was built by guys like Landon and we owe him our gratitude and thanks. I've spoken to Landon on the phone a few times over the years, and I can tell you that he is just a genuinely nice guy. He's also very humble and he'd be none too happy to read all these platitudes I'm writing!

Please take a moment and send a PM to Mark with your best wishes for Landon.

THANK YOU! -- Jeff

BigShed

I ave fortunate enough to have been partnered with Lando in a pen swap and it was one of the best experiences in a pen swap, great communicator.

I have also purchased some bullet chamfering tools from Landon and use them every day.

Have sent a PM for Landon to Mark.

Last edited:

76winger

Appreciate the update Mark! Sounds like some scarey times for him and I'll be keeping Landon in thoughts & prayers as well.

Top Bottom