Huge Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
To all who helped in dissolving my turning tools, equipment, supplies, stock and other Stuff! I am officially out of the turning fun on a regular basis. Although I have been promised that I can still use my lathes anytime I wish, should the mood return. Which certainly could happen. For now, there is no pressure. I am focusing on other things around the house, and tending to my girl who seems to need me to more now than ever. My health is OK, but slowly declining.

My decision to give up turning wood, started some time ago. I was thinking I should consider minimizing the burden that would be left upon Susanne, and my kids in the event of my death. I decided to take care of as much as I can myself, before that happens. I will still be a member here for as long as possible. In a few days, I'll celebrate 16 years here. It has been great.

So, Thank You to Jeff, and all the members who have been a big help. I'll be watching for more awesome creations! Thanks, for indulging.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

We'll all have to change our row of priorities at some point in our lives! Realizing that family is always first is a good start! Glad you'll still be sticking around here!

its_virgil

What you are experiencing is beginning to happen to others our age, or, at least with me. I've been here since the very beginning and have loved every minute. But, life is beginning to change. Thanks for all of the wisdom and insight you have freely offered for so long. Stay in touch.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• v8h0q00xs2371.jpg
    v8h0q00xs2371.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 66

leehljp

Member Liaison
Chuck, I am not quite there yet, but that thought is on the horizon for me. I do have one son in law who is a teacher and artist and knows how to take care of and use wood working tools, but not lathes. And I have a grandson (age 19) through another daughter that has more common sense about work and tools and how to use them safely, and I have given him many tools already. He has a lathe. Most of my tools will be divided between them.

MRDucks2

I will always be here for you, Chuck, if you need absolutely anything. Including one of your lathes per Ms. Jennifer. Just a call or text away (and about 2 1/2 hours). 😄

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
What you are experiencing is beginning to happen to others our age, or, at least with me. I've been here since the very beginning and have loved every minute. But, life is beginning to change. Thanks for all of the wisdom and insight you have freely offered for so long. Stay in touch.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Thank you for the kind words Don. I recall being inspired by your posts from the beginning, and have appreciated each one since. I love that attachment. My uncle actually did that to my cousin (his only child). He and his wife had three auctions.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, I am not quite there yet, but that thought is on the horizon for me. I do have one son in law who is a teacher and artist and knows how to take care of and use wood working tools, but not lathes. And I have a grandson (age 19) through another daughter that has more common sense about work and tools and how to use them safely, and I have given him many tools already. He has a lathe. Most of my tools will be divided between them.
Thanks for the comments Hank. You are another inspiration from the start. I hope all goes smoothly when it comes time to divide your treasures.

WriteON

My decision to give up turning wood, started some time ago. I was thinking I should consider minimizing the burden that would be left upon Susanne,
I thought about this earlier. I'm giving my wife a request to donate everything to a technical school or something like that in the event.
Good luck Dale... If you need/want a pen or two turned I'll be happy to accommodate you.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I thought about this earlier. I'm giving my wife a request to donate everything to a technical school or something like that in the event.
Good luck Dale... If you need/want a pen or two turned I'll be happy to accommodate you.
Thanks for the offer Frank. Glad to hear you thought about a plan. Hopefully, others will too.

WriteON

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpeg
    IMG_0624.jpeg
    550.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 24
  • Doc Frye.jpg
    Doc Frye.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom