Huge Lot of Pen Making Supplies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

As some of you know, David Newbern was an avid pen turner and devoted a lot of his time making troop pens. He past away a little over a year ago. His wife and I have been working to inventory all his supplies, and she has given me permission to post them here. There are way to many kits and blanks to list them individually. She is wanting someone to come and buy everything. There are 592 pen kits and 2090 pen blanks. There are alot of storage tubes and pen boxes and leather pen cases. This would be a great package deal for someone wanting to get into pen making. She is not interested in breaking this up. If you are seriously wanting to get with her and discuss this, please PM me and I will give you her email address.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Benpen

Just a thought that might help: 500 kits and 2000 blanks would be a lot for any turner to take (new or experienced). It might be a benefit to have an experienced eye take a look and maybe just a rough division into 4ths or something... just thinking out loud. My best to you both.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

keithlong

It is an over whelming amount of pen making supplies for sure, however it would be very time consuming to divide it all up. She works full time and just wants someone to come and get it all. It would be a pick up truck load. Thanks for the thought and input. I have been to his shop several times and made a lot of pens with him and I gad no idea that he had accumulated that much. He did a lot of pens for our service men and women, this was his passion. He loved to give them away as much as he loved turning them.

TonyL

Thank you taking this on Keith; I am sure Mrs. Newbern is very appreciative. David was a wonderful man. and the first to help me when I just joined. I am 4 hours away. I understand his wife's intentions, I could only participate if I knew what was there - there are just some kits and finishes that I do not enjoy turning (even if someone paid me to turn them). I do make and sell: hundreds of: PSI Executives, Dayacom Aeros, Professors, Patriots, PSI GT Kurls, Jr Antony's, Georges, Harolds, and even some Cigars. etc. I do not turn Berea kits. On the brighter side. I don't need any refills and I get away without tubes. I can assume the risk and offer $1,500 for all of the kits and hope that there are very few slimline or gold finishes in there. I don't need any blanks, but would pay another $500 for the lot. However, my conscience would bother me, therefore, I can't do it.. There is probably at least 5k plus worth of goods there. How about I pay you $50 to give me an idea of what is there whether I but anything or not? Up to you. If the family needs financial help, I am also "happy" to send them some support, just supply the address and wife's first name via PM. Thank you.

keithlong

Thanks for your response, there are just too many kits to list, she just wants someone to buy them all. I will say that there are no junk kits. I am just trying to help her because David was a good friend to me, and out of respect for him, I am trying to do what I can. I will not entertain any notion of making and deals myself, it is up to her. Thanks again.

Great Job you're doing Keith to help. If there's anything I can do to help let me know. If someone wants to do a "group buy" type thing, I'm in and will support the effort. A little bit more inventory can't hurt and it's for a great cause (but please don't tell my wife). I truly hate stories like this.

keithlong

If anyone is serious about a group buy, please let me know. 2 or more could go in together and purchase everything and then split it up among yourselves. If interested, PM me and I will give you her email address.

Top Bottom