Huanghuali Jr. Emperor with ghost face

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Huanghuali blank from Dave at Rarestwood. Has a beautiful ghost face figure in cap. Also has a darker shade of color. A top grade blank, thanks Dave.
Got this one awhile back and was afraid to turn beings blank had been already turned down some. Could'nt get a full Emperor pen from blank and barely got a Jr. Emperor. I thought for sure blank was going to blow apart while drilling cap. Carefully drill on lathe with Colt 5 star bits (which do work great). When I put Johnnycnc's bushings on blank they were even with blank already. Thought man what am I going to do now. So sanded below bushings slightly and built up with CA finish.
I think it turned out great and am proud of this one :biggrin: Was so glad when it was all completed.
Not sure I if I even want to sell this one or what I would even ask for such a pen.

Thanks for looking, Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• DSCN3188.jpg
    DSCN3188.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 430
  • DSCN3193.jpg
    DSCN3193.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 324
  • DSCN3200.jpg
    DSCN3200.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 362
  • DSCN3202.jpg
    DSCN3202.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That is one beautiful pen Keith. If you are still worried about whether to keep it or sell it, just give it to me and I will keep it in storage for you.

nice work managing to extract a pen out of a small piece of material I have gone over to using a metalworking lathe to be more efficient perhaps raising the light levels on the photos will bring the figure out more great job!:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom