How's your garden????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

We are having a GREAT garden this year. Tomato plants are almost 10 foot tall.
Here's today haul. Oh I missed the 2 gallons of green beans----Hey I was taking my afternoon nap.

Attachments

• IMG_0911.jpg
    IMG_0911.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We gave up on gardens, when the cost of tomatoes came to about a pint of blood (Donated to the mosquitoes) for every half dozen tomatoes. Cheaper at the store!!

rjwolfe3

No red tomatoes yet but we are getting lots of bean and lettuce, some carrots. The radishes are all finished up. Still waiting on the cayenne peppers and the bell peppers (I think something ate all of the bell peppers.)

tim self

Started out like gang busters. Tomatoes are about 5' tall and not a single bloom. Beans are not a single bloom in a month. But last year was great. Some years are better than others.

Gary Max

So, Max can a man get some of them goodies with the next order of blanks?:biggrin:

Heck---even better ---stop by and grab yourself a bag full.
We have given away at least a 100 cucumbers so far this year---I ain't much on pickles.
I am cooking tomatos tonight----so far I have put up about 20 qts.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I got my first two grape tomatoes last night. The other plants have loads of green fruit, but I think it'll be another 3 weeks before anything is ripe. Got a few peppers, and the herbs are doing great. This has been a great year for parsley, and as usual I have more mint than I could ever use.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I got my first two grape tomatoes last night. The other plants have loads of green fruit, but I think it'll be another 3 weeks before anything is ripe. Got a few peppers, and the herbs are doing great. This has been a great year for parsley, and as usual I have more mint than I could ever use.

Jeff, if one of my favorite aunts was still alive, she could show you how to make an awesome mint tea!!

rjwolfe3

Funny thing about herbs - we planted 4 of the legal kind, lol and only had two come up. Coriandor(sp?) and Oregano. The Chives and the Basil didn't even come out of the ground. I was a little disappointed.

GouletPens

My wife and I have black thumbs. The only plants I handle are really tall ones with leaves that are dead and turn well:wink:

jleiwig

Funny thing about herbs - we planted 4 of the legal kind, lol and only had two come up. Coriandor(sp?) and Oregano. The Chives and the Basil didn't even come out of the ground. I was a little disappointed.

I'll trade you, I have basil out the yinyang. A man can only eat so much pesto!

Other than that I finally got my first roma this week, nothing else is doing anything. Really bad year for a garden. Maybe if the temps got out of the 50s at night it might grow good.

pipecrafter

Here in the Northeast the temps have been low, and the sun scarce. Yesterday I picked the first zucchini, and normally by now I'd be drowning in them. No tomatoes yet, and the peppers and chiles just started blooming. Lots of lettuce though, and the carrots seem to be doing okay. We had a corn scare for a while there - it didn't look like we were going to get any, but it eventually sprouted.

Gary Max

I saw a guy selling Bread & Butter corn yesterday----$3.00 Bu---unless you wanted a bunch and then he could do better----ears where perfect---nice and full --color was just right-----picked daily.
Darn shame I can't eat corn anymore.

cnirenberg

Corn is no friend of mine either. Better uses for it I'm sure. Looks as iof you have had a great harvest. Tastes better than store bought 1000x over.

We had a pretty good garden this year... a little too much rain, but Tomatoes are coming in nice... a couple of plants got a blight from all of the water, the rest are fine... Squash got too wet and didn't make much... Zucchini went south... Broccoli went crazy, the when it got hot, blasted so we only got about half what should have... the brussel sprouts are still grown, peppers are doing great.. we've had black beans and pole beans coming out our ears... corn didn't do as well as hoped... can't kill the okra... it's my least favorite plant and producing faster than we can keep it picked... still waiting for the tomotillos to finish.. they are starting to come off, but small. onions and carrots are about finished... as is the lettuce.. that was good, wish could have gotten more, but too wet and too hot.... so far only one egg plant, but have blossoms for some more.

Top Bottom