Howdy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

macethegrouch

Howdy all,
I am an aspiring pen maker (the lathe gets here tomorrow) about to start my journey making kitless fountain pens. I am on the younger side of this hobby it seems but I've always had an affinity towards making things which has led me first to 3d printing and then towards the more traditional hand tool woodworking and now manual machining with a lathe. I started a fountain pen collection many years ago before taking a break and recently getting back into it and had the bright idea that I could probably make a neat one myself, thus the journey down the equipment and tooling rabbit hole began. I found this site as part of my research on tooling (I like to get real deep in research before purchasing with a buy once cry once mindset) and it has already shown itself to be a wealth of knowledge that has helped me prepare thoroughly. I am a father to three young girls (a 5yo and a set of 2 year old twins) and I do Software Development for a living in Texas.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lew

Welcome from the hill country near San Antonio. You might also want to look up a woodturners club near you. You can get a lot of info and encouragement from them.

howsitwork

Welcome along

With 3 girls you'll soon be "old before your time " , buy the tool whilst you can !

Top Bottom