Howdy! I can say that because I'm from Texas...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kunk35

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Thought I would introduce myself with a few pictures.

I got my highschool son into woodworking, and he quickly advanced past my abilities and then got me into pen turning. I was instantly hooked and now I can't get enough. The only thing holding me back is the financing to buy more pen stuff and tools! - sound familiar anyone??

As with a lot of others, I started by giving away a bunch, which is a whole lot of fun. And that grew into selling a few, which grew into selling on Etsy, which grew into making a Facebook page, which grew into hooking up with you fine folks and this very informative pen turning forum!

I love the learning process. In everything I attempt it's the journey that I love. Which is good, since my abilities are nowhere near the artistry and craftsmanship that I see here from you all, and others on other woodworking boards I frequent.

I would love clicks and likes to my pages, and I'm going to spend some time clicking and liking all of yours. I'm all googly eyed at all the designs and different sources for awesome looking pen blanks. Now to go buy some lotto tickets to finance my new adventure!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from down south in the Houston area.
Nice job on those pens!
I also really like the honey dippers on your Etsy site. I'd love to see a tutorial on them if you don't mind sharing your technique. I've tried to make a couple, but I can't seem to get consistent spacing & depth. Maybe I'm using the wrong tools.

flyitfast

Another BIG Howdy from further south in Texas.
If really want to be "googly eyed" check out the IAP Library. It will keep you entertained and give you ideas you have never dreamed about. The articles and tutorials will definitely increase your skills and inspirations.
Welcome
Gordon

PenPal

Goodday mate from Australia through the IAP I made many friends from Texas.

Talking of Honey Dippers I must make one for myself I consume 15 kgs of Honey each yr and spoons are painful in the way they disperse the honey all or nothing. Welcome from over here.

Peter.

Kunk35

Ligget, Just spent some time looking at your page. Even though you and I are 1/2 a world away, we have at least a couple things in common.

Here's wishing you good penmaking times ahead!

I've never known anyone from Scotland before. It's pretty cool that you replied to my thread.

Kory

ironman123

Nice pens Kory. Welcome to IAP from Central Texas. Would be nice to see a bunch of you Texas boys at SWAT in Waco this Fri, Sat and Sunday.

ironman123

South West Association of Turners (I think) and they hold this big SWAT Symposium in Waco every year. Demonstrations, Vendors, Gallery of Wood Art and Turnings. Look up S.W.A.T. Symposium or SWAT Symposium and you will wee what you been missing.

Top Bottom