Howdy from Soggy Missouri

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm new on here. Been turning pen for a few years. User tag is antiquetoddler . . that translate as follows; antique = old, toddler = kid, thus, I'm an old kid! Love turning and would like to become a more accomplished and inovative pen maker. I'll be posting pics as time goes by.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Butch,
Welcome to the IAP. I also invite you to join the Southwest Missouri Local chapter. We have members from all over Missouri and two or three surrounding states. Check us out under the local chapter tab at the top.

Daniel

Butch, Welcome from the high mountain Dessert of Nevada. We have been pretty wet this month ourselves. We have had a little over a whole inch of rain.
You are int he right place to become more accomplished at penturning, that is for sure.
Enjoy.

DustyDenim

Welcome Butch, from yet another fellow Missourian an the Northeast section of the state. It won't take you long to get hooked on this site. If you have any questions, feel free to ask on the forums or pm one of us and someone will do their best to come up with an answer. The Southwest Missouri Penturners are having a meeting on Sept. 19th at Springfield, MO. Maybe we will see you there. Good lusk with your turning.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Old Kid Butch! There are several of us on here like that!

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. Since you have been turning for a long time, there is probably nothing new there for you but it might be something to read on the side. :biggrin: Maybe start some arguments too. I usually include this for those new to this forum and I didn't want to leave you out.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Top Bottom