How to????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from monophoto

monophoto

How do you remember that rule, you know, the important one. Cut twice, measure once?????

I was making a screwdriver handle from an oak glue-up with a layer of walnut. Everything was done except the tenon for the ferrule - I carefully measured the metal pipe coupling, set my calipers to the measured dimension, and turned the tenon. But it didn't fit - I must have had a brain cramp between measuring and setting the calipers because the tenon is too small!

Oh well, I can always consider it to have been a practice run for the real thing.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
How do you remember that rule, you know, the important one. Cut twice, measure once?????

I was making a screwdriver handle from an oak glue-up with a layer of walnut. Everything was done except the tenon for the ferrule - I carefully measured the metal pipe coupling, set my calipers to the measured dimension, and turned the tenon. But it didn't fit - I must have had a brain cramp between measuring and setting the calipers because the tenon is too small!

Oh well, I can always consider it to have been a practice run for the real thing.
Its funny. Everytime, no matter how many times I cut something, it is still too short. I thought it was just me. :biggrin:

Top Bottom