How to make a handle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We needed a video on making a handle for the ice cream scoop, so I created one last weekend. If you follow the link to the video, please subscribe to the channel. I need a couple hundred more to reach 1000--which allows me to use more features of YouTube.

This is the video, I don't know if it is appropriate here, but I will leave that call to Jeff.

I will be working on several small turning vids, so if this is "ok", it will be one of several. Please comment if you want to continue this or if you consider it advertising and unwanted (I"m ok either way)

Ed

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
We needed a video on making a handle for the ice cream scoop, so I created one last weekend. If you follow the link to the video, please subscribe to the channel. I need a couple hundred more to reach 1000--which allows me to use more features of YouTube.

This is the video, I don't know if it is appropriate here, but I will leave that call to Jeff.

I will be working on several small turning vids, so if this is "ok", it will be one of several. Please comment if you want to continue this or if you consider it advertising and unwanted (I"m ok either way)

Ed

I subscribed to your channel to help your cause. It was a good video overall. I would recommend you include the "how to" process for finishing the handle end off the lathe. That process for woods is pretty basic and simple but not all the viewers will know the process for finishing the casted end off the lathe.

Woodchipper

Questions here: You used epoxy for the threaded part. Why not drill to the proper size or a tiny bit bigger and tap the threads first? I would think with proper TLC it could be done and not crack the acrylic. How did you finish the end of the handle? The lathe overshadows the narration at the beginning but the rest is good. Thanks for the video. Any more videos coming in the future?

Top Bottom