How to get to 90kb? HELP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I know I have seen some info on this, but a site search is not being fruitful. Can someone tell me the easiest way to take my photos that are now about 5oo kb each and get them to less than 90? My normal photo software is MS PictureIT, but I also have Corel and FrontPage as alternatives.

HELP, please.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I agree with Mik. Second way is to reduce the physical size of the pictures; most are huge for use here, and reducing the size by 50% will reduce the file size by at least 50, and in many cases 60-75%.

dubdrvrkev

I start by cropping out all background possible, then resize to about 600X whatever the ratio works out. I then do a save as in Pshop which tells me the size and if it is too big I may have to back down quality a step or two. I am not familiar with the programs you use but they may have these options also.

Scottydont

If you are using MS XP, right click the images file name and select resize. When it creats the new file, remember to remove the parethesis i.e. (small) from the name before you try to post it on the forum.

Ed,
If you are using Windows XP, this link, http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe will download a 'Power Tool' from Microsofts download site. Download it, run it to install it. Then, in Windows Explorer, when you right click on an image there will be a new option, 'Resize'. Resize to the top setting, I believe it is 400 pixels wide, and those will be good for the forum. Like Scott said, remove any special characters from the file name.
Ken

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks, Ken. Went to MS and successfully downloaded, found appropriate pics and shrunk, then uploaded. Now, if you want, you can see the "masterpieces" at Another craftshow...update!!

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom