How to blow an Aztec Death Whistle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
If you've never heard of the Aztec Death Whistle you can do a youtube search to see what it's about. When blown it makes an absolutely horrendous sound, but I found that doesn't exactly come through in the videos. The thing takes a decent amount of air to make it work and a full breath of air put through it lasts for about 3-4 seconds.

What one of those youtube videos shows is blowing one using a small battery powered dust blower like this...

blower.JPG

So that gives you an idea of what kind of wind generation I'm talking about. The whistle might actually reach full volume with less air being pushed through it than this on full blast, not quite sure. I have one of these whistles arriving Wednesday so I'll be able to figure it out more.

What I'm wanting to do is set up some kind of battery powered air generation system that makes the whistle blow at full volume for about 8 hours straight, and much longer if possible.

How might one go about rigging such a battery powered fan setup? Any appropriate wind generator will do. It doesn't have to be the blower pictured.

I don't have access to electricity where I want to set this up so battery power is my only option.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I've never heard of such whistle. When I read about the amount of air needed to blow the thing I thought maybe people have died trying to use it. Then when you said the amount of time you wanted it to blow I thought maybe you're having issues with your neighbors. Ha Ha

d_bondi

Deep cycle marine battery (maybe more than one), DC-AC inverter and solar cells. or find a blower that works on 12VDC. Many tool manufacturers make them, but not sure if they make a 12V version.

Top Bottom