How to assemble a Cambridge Hybrid Center band????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

I just got a round tuit with some Cambridge Hybrid FP's but I can't figure out how to put the center band pieces together.
When assembled like I think it should be, about 1/4" of the black sleeve sticks out where the nib should be. Does the black sleeve and trim ring(s) need to be pressed together??? A note in the instructions says "with the nib holder showing below the center band, then place the cap on the pen and push downward slightly to hide the nib holder". They show the trim ring on the nib blank sticking out below the center band.

Jay

I recently assembled a Cabridge. Had a similar issue. Did not take a picture of the assembly problem, but do have a shot of the problem being solved. This is as tight as I could crop it. I screwed the bottom into the top and then gently forced the two together which moved the black plastic portion into the proper position.
Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 7.56.24 AM.png

randyrls

Well, I finally bit the bullet, took a deep breath and pressed the pen together. WORKED!!!!
This is a dry branch from a giant sequoia. CA finish and matte with 0000 steel wool. It started about 2-3" in diameter. The wood is very soft as you would expect from a fir. Don't know if I like it or not. OOPS, FP assembled without nib and ink fill. :(

20200407_105508.jpg

Details: I pressed in both Nib ends using push blocks. Pressed in the CAP and clip. Then threaded in post end. Threaded black sleeve and trim rings onto nib end. Aligned everything and gently squeezed in work working vise with wood faces.

Top Bottom