How the prizes look--THANK Andrew!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This was posted in the trivia thread, but you all should be aware of the amazing job Andrew does!!

Sorry, I came late to the party----

Unless directed otherwise, we will use the "number in a hat" method again. For a couple reasons--first and foremost--we get extra prizes during February. People decide to "help" and we need a place to put those prizes. With the number system, I can double up the smaller prizes once we know for certain we will make the 28 days.

Also when I can "advertise" that there are four or five REALLY NICE prizes left, more people seem to participate. While I don't think we have kept records, last year I was told we were getting about 100 a day, routinely. When Randy ran it the year before, I think he said he was getting 60 or so (prizes were known in advance). Is that just membership growth?? Or did the possibly large prize play a part? I sure don't know---but it is more flexible.

As far as getting the names, that is not difficult with the trivia. Don't worry about providing them for me, my "army of volunteers" will follow the prizes this year.

If you'd like a little insight into the numbers, here it is:

Andrew "dug up" 124 prizes (as of Sunday, Jan 30 noon).
I have NO IDEA HOW he finds that many, but the guy is AMAZING!!!! Without his efforts, the bash would be far less interesting---we all owe him our GREATEST THANKS!!

Now, Jeff's donation drawing will have 12 REALLLY NICE prizes.

The contests have requested 32 prizes---these are assigned, none has a value LESS than $50. (Even third place)

That leaves us 80 prizes to use during the bash (I believe this is the largest number EVER---I know it is a lot more than last year or the prior year!!)

56 of the 80 will do two trivia prizes per day. Then we have the "losers contest" if we want to do that again. Or, we can double up in the latter days of the trivia---or I am open to suggestions.

So, that's where we stand. Please don't worry about distribution. I have a learning curve and this is the third chance at doing this. If I can't make it easy by now, I deserve to have it difficult-------I am NOT worried, this year.

Again, sorry I have not responded to this thread earlier, but I have been "playing with prizes" since Friday morning, pretty consistently. I am fairly happy with the end result. Hope you will be too!!!!!

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Maybe Andrew is connected with the Canadian Mafia!!:eek:

Seriously Andrew!! THANK YOU!!

THREE CHEERS FOR ANDREW!:bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Maybe Andrew is connected with the Canadian Mafia!!:eek:

Seriously Andrew!! THANK YOU!!

THREE CHEERS FOR ANDREW!:bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:

Nah, he's SMART!!!

Maxwell Smart!!!

(Wrong secret agent, wasn't it???)

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Just a thought I had (uh oh). What if we have a "Be there or be square" event. I know corny name but anyway, designate a specific date and time to have members sign in. Then you could award a certain number of prizes drawn at random from the members who were signed on at that time. Might even catch a few that had no idea and since they won something might get involved even more in the future activities.

edit in: THANKS Andrew!!!!

Top Bottom