How many pen kits do you keep on hand?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Just a straight forward question. I have about 25 pen kits on hand at any given time. How many do you have laying around?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vmsherp

Part time hobby, I sell at a few shows during the summer. It's just that deals present themselves now and again. Like you need you realize your sales stock is needing a dozen slim lines, but you find a great deal on 100 slim line kits.... or a guy on this forum posts all his remaining stock at half off and I can't resist those 50 kits.. over time, it adds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

bsshog40

Well seeings how I'm new to all this turning. I've only made 41 pens. I've given away, or made for family, 12 pens. So that means I have 29 pens. Lol

I've got between 100-150 on hand. But in my defense I buy in larger volumes to capture the cheaper prices and I buy only those that I know will sell through a few of my customers.

jttheclockman

Boy that is one I never stopped to count and could not even guess. Well over 300 for sure. I too buy in bulk to take advantage of sales and try to only buy kits I like and make but have been known to buy out some pen turners lots when they get out of the business so I have kits that I probably will never make. I need to finish making some storage shelves and get more organized with this stuff. :):)

MTViper

Well I have about 50 sitting in boxes in my living room that have come in the mail since I've been out to my shop. There are 3 file boxes full out in the shop, just not the ones I needed that were on sale when I bought these. So I'm guessing 400+ too.

MRDucks2

Not near as many kits as blanks for me, right now I have about 40 kits on hand, unmade and run between 20-50 at any given time.

brailsmt

I just started in December. I thought I had a lot of pen kits on hand. I have about 30, and about 10 other project kits. I don't feel so much like a hoarder now. I have a few kits I'll probably never make. Its alos nice to see what I have to look forward to as it will help me plan organization.

Top Bottom