Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

That's a darn good question!
As soon as the CA fumes clear from my head I hope to remember.[;)][:eek:)]

OKLAHOMAN

Less than a year, and have only turned pens but will try small bowls shortly,Lol has been trying to stop the spending (with no success).Its been very therapeutic and rewarding

Hi,

I have been a woodworker for 10 years, mostly furniture (see my web site[:D])

I have been turning for 8 years, making pens for about 7, but really only seriously in the last 3-4 years.

[:)]

Still like making furniture more, but pens help to tide the winter for me.

Snazzypens

Originally posted by Skye
<br /> I know some people haven’t been turning long at all and have really taken off, Toni for one comes to mind.
How about you?

Thank you Skye, I feel very proud to be thought of[:I] yep I have just hit my 6 months turning yesterday. The 1st of november marked my 6 months mark. I am really enjoying my turning very much
Toni

Skye

Well, you've been going half as long as me and tried things I havent had the.... guts to try yet. [:)]

steve542

Went to a one day class at Highland Hardware in Atlanta in January 2006, but hit the ground running in March with my own lathe and shop. Have since taken two other one day classes at Highland(sharpening and bowls) and went to the John C. Campbell Folk School in North Carolina in April for a one week wood turning class with Nick Cook and Ernie Newman. Joined the Georgia Association of Woodturners in July and thru that group I have a great mentor named Harvey Meyer who I meet with monthly for some one on one help. I also went to the first Bubbasville Southeast meeting and look forward to many more. My wife signed me up to be in a crafts show and sale at her office in December which will be my first show and attempt to sell my turned items. I have about 70 pens made and am moving into bottle stoppers and shave brushes. I have also made some bowls, platters, boxes, tops, as well as ruined mucho wood, pen kits, bushings, and other assorted items, BUT I am getting better every month. Made plenty of mistakes, but have several dozen items that I am very pleased with. This web site has been a wonderful source of information. Hang in there everybody![^][8D][:)][:D]

I picked up a general machinery lathe at a garage sale and started turning canes sporadically about about four years ago, started pens about 3 years ago. I havent made a cane, since! I wish I, too,had started long before that.

Glenn McCullough
Chesterfield, MI

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Two years (My lathe arrived Oct 29 '06 if I remember correctly). I've made one bowl and two bottle stoppers. The rest has been pens...and I'm finally getting the hang of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom