How do you attach price tags?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Goat

Pens are easy, just loop the string through the clip (except a few like Divas and Golf Pencils), but who has a good way to price tag their bowls and other turnings. I tried painters tape but it doesn't want to stick very well, and I don't want to use duct tape because it can ruin a finish. I tried rubber bands this past week, and when I pulled them out they all had a white strip where the band had touched the wood (luckily it cleared up with some Howard's Feed and Wax so I'm guessing it sucked up the moisture in the wood).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Put a stand up card in front of it. You can even put a description on it if you like. No need to attach to item.

I use a small removable type sticker, it has less adhesive on it. It is tricky to get it to stay on waxed items, and on pens it sometimes will want to fall off, but it removes very easily and no residue.

Like Jeff Miller, I use the small removable price tags from office supply section at Walmart... they are big enough I can put my item number, wood type and price... easily removed and restick in my sales log.
I use a polyurethane finish so no problem with them sticking or leaving a residue.

1080Wayne

Pens are easy, just loop the string through the clip (except a few like Divas and Golf Pencils), but who has a good way to price tag their bowls and other turnings. I tried painters tape but it doesn't want to stick very well, and I don't want to use duct tape because it can ruin a finish. I tried rubber bands this past week, and when I pulled them out they all had a white strip where the band had touched the wood (luckily it cleared up with some Howard's Feed and Wax so I'm guessing it sucked up the moisture in the wood).
The elastic bands are sucking up oils from your finish , not moisture . I use them to keep a pair of S&P shakers together , when not on display . Have found that my tung oil sealer finish needs at least a week to cure before I band them .

Top Bottom